The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody want to goto Nashville? Great town. Glad he found a home!!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Assistant head coach in charge of defense. Good for him. Guess Tennessee is now my new second favorite team.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I know the guy is getting up there in age but what was the reason he left the steelers? He is a great defensive minded coach and was suprised to see him leaving Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
They arrived at a crap or get off the pot moment with the guy they've been grooming for the DC position. Lebeau is probably better off. He's had to do so much, with so little, for so long, that the team finally expected him to do everything with absolutely nothing. That defense is so bereft of talent, especially on the back end, it is unreal that they managed to even look average. Their BEST defensive back is in his mid 30s. That isn't a good sign.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
They arrived at a crap or get off the pot moment with the guy they've been grooming for the DC position. Lebeau is probably better off. He's had to do so much, with so little, for so long, that the team finally expected him to do everything with absolutely nothing. That defense is so bereft of talent, especially on the back end, it is unreal that they managed to even look average. Their BEST defensive back is in his mid 30s. That isn't a good sign.
I don't recall seeing #24 or 44 (both LeBeau's numbers) out there on the field? You make it sound like he had no say in the process. He's the chef, but he doesn't do the shopping. I am sure though, he helps make the grocery list.

Butler has some large shoes to fill. People say you never want to follow a legend. But, given the Steelers track record, I'm sure he will do fine.

LeBeau and Horton will make a good team in Nashville. You have to love a guy with that drive at his age. I wish him well.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Actually, you did see #24 out there. It was just that the guy wearing it wasn't as good as Lebeau was. Given the situation at corner, I'm not 100% sure that Lebeau going out there himself at 77 years old would have represented a significant downgrade. I'm REALLY not convinced that having Porter put pads on would have been a downgrade from Worilds.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
steelerfan58 said:
Actually, you did see #24 out there. It was just that the guy wearing it wasn't as good as Lebeau was. Given the situation at corner, I'm not 100% sure that Lebeau going out there himself at 77 years old would have represented a significant downgrade. I'm REALLY not convinced that having Porter put pads on would have been a downgrade from Worilds.
Not the 24 I was referring to. But anyway....

Porter and Jerry O were both promoted today. One coaches the OLB, and one ILB.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
steelerfan58 said:
Not the 24 I was referring to. But anyway....

Porter and Jerry O were both promoted today. One coaches the OLB, and one ILB.
I would lay money that Lebeau would have been just as effective covering Steve Smith (or anyone else) as Cortez Allen was. Hopefully, Porter can restore the swagger to the outside backers, and get them back to playing like a pack of rabid wolverines like he did. It would at least be a plus if he can get a #1 pick to play as well as a 36 year old picked up out of retirement, instead of Jones just being a warm body.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
He's better off. The Steelers will be nothing as long as Tomlin is the head coach. Rooney sold out to Obama for that one. Got himself a nice Ambassador gig for the cost of destroying the Steelers Legacy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts