The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to go to my first trial yesterday, and let me tell you it was one heck of a trial for my 9.5 month old pup. 16 total dogs in the Open Class. The pup got drawn into the third cast. He ran perfectly with 16 checks and no minuses for 170 points. DuketheBeagle's male came in second in the cast with 140 because of 2 minuses I believe. Glad I wasnt the judge because the dogs ran for pretty much the full hour and alot of it they were on a full sprint. Tiring to say the least.
We broke for a good lunch and the raffle after the cast so the hounds got to rest. The champion class ran first after lunch.
In the final cast, my pup and the winners of the other two casts faced off. The one dog got picked up halfway through with three minuses so it was the other two for the final half hour. My pup ended up winning the open class with 20 checks and no minuses for 200 points. The other dog ended up getting a strike and 12 checks with no minuses for 140 points.
Had a blast at my first trial and will be back from more. Thanks to all the people I met yesterday, you really helped me enjoy my time and convinced me to join the Lebanon Beagle Club.

I will try to get a picture up tonight.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Congrats good way to start!!! I'm excited to make it to my first trial this year as well!!

Cody

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats also. I was surprised your dog ran that well at 9 mos. old. After the one dog was picked up in the 3rd cast he ran right up front aside mine.
I thought my dog was winning and getting a lot of checks till they hit that patch of old snow and your dog put his nose in the tracks and moved ahead
I was impressed
.There's another progessive pack trial coming up at nothern lancaster beagle club,sat., march 27th .Closing time 7 am. address: 180 Forest Rd. Denver, PA 17517 It's right off rt. 897. here is their site: http://www.nlcgfpa.org/

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duke, not sure if I will be able to make it to the next trial or not. I will try to get my dad or grandpa to bring him down. Below are a couple pictures I took tonight.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added the pedigree below, I dont know anything about pedigrees, but have been told by a few people that there are some good dogs in there. Three Sq Hollow is not my kennel name, I do not have one, so with Jim's permission I registered Jack under his kennel name.

I keep trying to get the pedigree on here but all the programs I have tried arent working. Might just take it to work and scan it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts