The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone made it to the NKC/ARHA trial this past weekend at Lebanon County Beagle Club. I was on my way to it and entered from the wrong end of Beagle Road. Ended up getting stuck in a drift from 630-745. After getting out I went in to the club and saw that there were only half a dozen cars or so in the lot. It was going to be my first trial and disappointed I missed. Should be getting to the one on March 7.

·
Registered
804 Posts
you did'nt miss anything. We did'nt have enough dogs for the trial.Needed 10 for the open class.You should have stuck around ; a couple of us just ran 2 mixed packs;well we tried to in 15 inches of snow
the dogs were sinking in up to there necks
.They did manage to get a bunch of rabbits out of the snow covered brush but the rabbits just ran to the next brush pile and holed up. Even had a sight chase(crawl really) for about 25 yds. right to another snow covered brush pile .The dogs would go under the snow and pop out 10 feet away
I'll be at the next trial also. If anyone else is interested you can register your beagle and run it the same day .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts