The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
is there even a lebanon chapter? I think I remember one of the shyda's being a chairperson but no other information this was a couple years back.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I got in contact with the Eastern PA rep for Ducks Unlimited yesterday and he said that theres not enough volunteers to run a Lebanon chapter. I thought about volunteering and if a few more people come forward and volunteer there can be an active chapter in Lebanon again.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they had 1 last year i think it acually called the middle creek chapter was held at hebron fire company.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah I know I was there. I had a good time and look forward to doing it again in the future. Hopefully enough people can get together and volunteer to get it going again.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
well it's not looking very good at this point in time.. not enough people with the interest to help, the guys who started it all went by the way side over last summer..i'm gonna call Jeremy this week to see what we can do..I'll keep you guys posted..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would volunteer to help run a chapter if needed. There is plenty of interest. The only problem is there is no advertising to tell anyone whats happening. I have been a member of DU for over 5 years and never heard anything about banquets, or fundraisers locally until I joined here. We have some of the best waterfowl hunting areas in the state, and plenty that could use protection. How many members do you need to start a chapter? There's over one hundred people(my best guess) that buy duck stamps every year in Lebanon. If only half of them would join; That's still 50 people, not to mention others that just love the outdoors, and are not all about the hunting aspect of conservation. All that is needed is a little bit of leadership and backing by DU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am very interested in helping out and would love to get a chapter started again in Lebanon Co. I have plenty of friends that I hunt with that will help out too and would love to see a DU chapter in Lebanon Co. Any info. that can get this ball rolling would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
It seems like there is enough interest in getting a chapter running again in the Lebanon county area. People just need to get together and make a plan and stick to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys
I have talked to a few of you folks on here about starting up Lebanon DU chapter again. We need at least 5-6 guys to restart the chapter and be successful with it. I know there is alot of hunters from that area but cant see to find enough folks interested in starting chapter.

HowdyWFM I don't think i have talked to you on the phone, please give me a Call at 717-898-7308. If anyone else is interested in helping restart Lebanon please call me. thanks

Jeremy Mercer
Regional Director
PA DU

·
Registered
68 Posts
Folks
We will have a meeting on Tuesday, March 1st in Lebanon at the A&M pizza on RT 422 right next to the Giant Food store. Meeting is at 7pm. All are welcome. I need at least 5/6 guys to restart up the DU lebanon chapter.

GooseHuner89- We have not had a DU chapter in Lebanon for sometime now, that is why you have not seen any or heard anything about DU. By restarting a chapter we will again get the word out. DU has spent over million dollars alone in Lebanon county which is more then any other county in PA. With help from volunteers we can grow the Lebanon chapter once again to be a successful chapter like it was once before.

Jeremy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts