The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need someone around the boyertown area or close by to do some leather work for me.what i need done is this,i ordered a beavertail for a grip on my longbow and need someone with experience to put it on for me,it will need cut to size,glued up with contact cement and laced on the grip.i would attempt this myself but just don't trust myself to do this,plus the fact that this tail cost me about $29 and i don't want to have to buy another one,so i'd really like to have someone who knows what they are doing to do this for me.i'll be more then happy to pay for the service done.thanks in advance,rich

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Just out of curiosity; why the beaver tail? What I did with mine was to add a rubber sheath available from Three Rivers Archery and then build up the grip where it was needed with some scrap leather then throw a few layers of "Vet Wrap" on top. Mission accomplished. It absorbs shock like a sponge and provides a solid grip. When the "Vet Wrap" gets funky I just take it off and throw on some new layers.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why beaver? very durable naturally water resistant and the look and feel are like no other,plus more of a custom look.if you get a chance check out cari-bows by abe penner he uses beaver on alot of his custom bows and the looks are like no other grip material.but to put it simply it's a matter of personal preferance.

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
Check around for a leather repair shop. Some cobblers may be able to help, but there are shops that repair saddles, leather coats, purses etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You might want to visit your local Tandy leather shop , they will put you in touch with any number of leather crafters who would be able to do your grip.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Check out: http://www.greybearleather.com/

IMO the best custom leather craftsman around!! Give him a call...im sure he can do whatever you want. Grey Bear has done leather work for me & I would certainly trust him to handle what you described as your need. GB is second to none IMO!! You are likely within a one hour drive to his locale.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks,i think i might give him a call to see if he'll do it for me just as soon as the tail gets here.i appreciate all the help.rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts