The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its worth reminding everyone that this service is now legal and available in Pa for the tracking of deer. united blood trackers.org is a great reference to find tracking dogs in your area. Click on the state of Pa on the map and dozens of handlers will come up with it being highly likely that one will be within an hour of your position. While they cannot charge for tracking on state game lands, they can accept tips for their services. Most of these handlers just enjoy watching their dogs work and I am sure would be very happy to get the call to try to locate a deer.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Nice website they have and an excellent hobby to have that can help others....

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I figured there would be some available in my area of the state by now, but that’s not the case based off the website. I would think you could turn it into a pretty good side business as well in this area.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks for the post.I actuallty found that site yesterday and had looked up some trackers just for kicks to see if any were near where I hunt.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Andy Bensing had a lot to do with blood tracking becoming legal here in PA and he is a member of HPA. If anyone needs a tracker, use the united blood trackers website and don't be afraid to call someone from far away. Andy told me he travels quite far to help, depending on the circumstances of the hunt, because it helps his dogs stay sharp and they live for tracking.

My hope is to never need a dog, but it's certainly nice to know there is a great resource if one is needed.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I just checked out the website and it’s cool to see there is a guy less than 30 minutes from me. I can’t get a good read on average price. (I believe we had a thread on price in the last couple years)

This won’t sit well with everyone, but at a few hundred bills, I could only see myself using a tracker on a pretty darn good buck. Even then only if I believed it was a mortal hit after exhausting all other efforts. I am not discounting the immense amount of time it takes to work with those dogs, those guys deserve what they charge. Still, It would certainly have to be a nice one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts