The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of lease agreements coming due in Bradford county in the next few months. Many people resign? With who? How much per acre? Ours is due end of November and Talisman is trying to included some of our acreage in their current drill units...should be interesting...

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
EOG is newly active in Athens, Ridgebury and South Creek or Springfield Twps. Some of this activity is for unleased lands, not lease extensions.
Sample lease shows $1500/16%.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
HBP approaches are nothing new and will be part of the gas company's strategy until all lands they are interested in are in production.
Lease options extending the original terms are only to the gas company's advantage. They do nothing for the landowner. Even if they are still intetrested in that area many wil expire and new leases with reduced terms will be put in place, reflecting today's reduced competition and lower gas prices.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
HomeintheWoods said:
EOG is newly active in Athens, Ridgebury and South Creek or Springfield Twps. Some of this activity is for unleased lands, not lease extensions.
Sample lease shows $1500/16%.
Newly active? Looks to me like they are actively packing up..... I have several EOG wells close to my home. They are putting alot of the pads (around 40?) back to the way they were and I havent seen nor heard of any new pipelines or pads going in. Looks to me like they locked up a bunch of land and are sitting on it. They have also pulled stakes on proposed wells. This is in Athens, Ridgebury and Springfield townships....

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
They are putting in pipeline, a compressor station, and a pond right now in Springfield Twp. They are preparing to frac the Kingsley, and both Kline wells in the coming month or two.
This is all on Kier Hill road. You are right about them reclaiming a bunch of pads. In that area, it seems to be all the ones North of Springfield Road. They are not closing the wells, just reclaiming the pad for now so they don't have to re-permit them......at least that's what there telling the land owners over there.
They claim they like what they are seeing from the Kline & Kingsley wells, and are going to focus on that area right now.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
To add to this, EOG plans a pipeline running north to south in Ridgebury twp to bring on wells drilled a couple years ago that are currently capped.
A lease offer is sitting on my kitchen counter.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't trust the Land man worth nothing, get it in writing. The Talisman groups landman (woman) thinks she's toying with some half witted bumpkins.....we'll she's got some turbulent times ahead dealing with this sales man who spins [censored] for a living... 3-4k an acre, 18% is the goal....we'll work UP from that if she continues to play games....

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Longshot - go to General Hunting and look at the GC Sept Meeting - Gas thread and what they are getting.

In all things, remember, a contract is totally flexible and adaptable document. Put your desires in writing and add them to the contract and do not sign it until the company re-writes it into the contract and it is reviewed by legal counsel. Addemdums are nice, but having a consolidated document adds credence to the legitimacy of the changes if they ever come into question. All it takes is for both sides to agree.

Talk to others that have signed leases and LEARN what not to do and what is possible with an eye post drilling.

Wish I had your problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Renny28 said:
Did the landman tell you that?
The landman says alot. Sorting that out takes patience and a bit of investigation to sort out fact from fiction. Sometimes that can be difficult because the heart is susceptible to fiction, what we want to believe is true. The landman understand that fully. It's part of their job.
These negotiations are lopsided. The gas company has information the public will never have. Landowners can hire excellent lawyers to interpret the language, but that's far from leveling the playing field. I will continue to sift through the bits and pieces of information to determine if the value the gas company assigns to my land and the value I assign can be reconciled in the form of a satisfactory lease.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree and dealing with them is a full time job. I've got my facts and a lot of information that is out there if you take the time to sift through it... Understanding what's in play, who holds the cards and your options takes leg work. I just want to hunt.....but the minute money comes into the picture, people get wacky and start believing anything if a dollar sign is attached to it.....so it makes rational decisions that much harder.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Longshot if they put your land in a unit you won't have to worry about a new lease, you can just sit back and enjoy the shut in fees. but that won't even buy ur beer.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Ahhh yes.....it's all about the beer money for those people from Springbrook.....

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
buzz said:
Ahhh yes.....it's all about the beer money for those people from Springbrook.....
It's always about the beer money! But all those rich farmers up there buy up all the good stuff....cheap canned beer for us Spring brook types......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts