The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 that is leaking gas from the bottom of the carburetor. There is some kind of an overflow tube there and it's coming out of the tube, about 1 drip every 20-30 seconds.

Before this happened, it would seem to flood easily. Now, it won't start at all, and acts like it's not getting any gas. Is something wrong with the float?

I've never rebuilt a carb before, and don't know where to start. Do I need a complete rebuild? Or will replacing a gasket do the job.

Given that the machine is 14 years old, I'm betting the advice that comes will be to rebuild it. OK. Who can give me some direction?

Thanks.

Steve

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I would check the spark plug and see if it is wet. if it is wet check for spark. if you have no spark. get new spark plug. if new plug does not spark then it could be other issues.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
try tapping on the carb with the plastic end of a screwdriver, sounds like a stuck float or needle valve( not sure if quads have those but imagine they do) sometimes this will get ya by alittle longer but you'll proboly need a rebuild

1 - 4 of 4 Posts