The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I permitted to hunt doves with lead shot or must I use steel shot when dove hunting in PA (Union County)? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You.

And in trying to interpret this for myself it is because doves are a migratory bird but NOT a waterfowl. And steel shot is required only for waterfowl and not ALL migratory birds.

Is that correct?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cooney said:
Thank You.

And in trying to interpret this for myself it is because doves are a migratory bird but NOT a waterfowl. And steel shot is required only for waterfowl and not ALL migratory birds.

Is that correct?
Yes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. Thank You for your help.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
reason is?????

lead and WATER are a deadly combination to everything it comes in contact,doves are not usually shot over water,but soon i bet that gets changed by the feds too!

·
Registered
356 Posts
woodyhunter said:
reason is?????

lead and WATER are a deadly combination to everything it comes in contact,doves are not usually shot over water,but soon i bet that gets changed by the feds too!

It probably will change. HSUS and others have filed law suites to get rid of lead shot and lead sinkers for fishing. Not really because they are concerned about lead but just another way to put a hault to hunting.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Too bad we cant use lead for waterfowl when we are hunting fields!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts