The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which are you using next spring? Myself I'm sticking with "old fashioned" lead loads.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Hevi Shot Mag Blend. Haven't found anything that hits harder or kills them any quicker.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Federal 3" 2oz. # 5's Browning A-5 with a Mark Bansner barrel job.

·
Registered
18,431 Posts
3 1/2" Nitro Company Shotshells (4 X 5 X 7 hevishot)
or 3 1/2" Hevishot Mag Blends (4 X 5 X 7 hevishot)
I'll never go back to lead loads, except copper plated #4 shot for fox.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Changed to hevi shot 10 years ago and have never looked back.Now use nitro 4-5-7 in 3.5 inch with rhino choke.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Winchester Supreme 3" size 6 shot, Hastings .655 extended and ported choke, Benelli M1 Super 90.
Been using this combo Spring and Fall for over 15 years and I see no need to change what has worked so well for that long!

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Lead.

I have yet to find a turkey ANYWHERE within a reasonable distance in front of ANY of my turkey guns that could withstand a good old fashioned Winchester Supreme #6 lead shotshell being lit in his direction.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Strut10 said:
Lead.

I have yet to find a turkey ANYWHERE within a reasonable distance in front of ANY of my turkey guns that could withstand a good old fashioned Winchester Supreme #6 lead shotshell being lit in his direction.
My sentiments exactly. IMO they are the best lead loads on the market. I really like the High Velocity loads. IMO no reason to use HTL.

·
Super Moderator
12,806 Posts
HTL 20 ga..3" Great dense patterns, quick kills, fun to shoot, light to carry and extremely effective.....4 years of testing and hunting with HTL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts