The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own and carry a pocket size 380?
I'd like to hear about good or bad experiences with either of the 2. Basically if there has been any feeding or other reliability issues. Which ones are reliable PD guns and which are junk? I love their size and concealability. (is that even a word) and probably gonna make a purchase on one in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought the wife Ruger's LCP never had any feeding problems or anything just seems to be to small for my hands after about 3 shoots not real fast the little sucker will slide up in my hands. They now sell a piece of plastic that you can put on the bottom of the magazine that should prevent that but I didn't buy one. she now has a 9mm and would probably sell it. if you have large hands I would see if you could shoot one before investing in one
Mike

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I have an LCP. I havent shot it alot, but never had any failures of any kind.

Its not a fun gun to shoot. Its actually decent in the accuracy department for a small defensive pistol. Mine hurts my trigger finger somehow when I shoot it. But its not made for target practice and when I drop it in my pocket and head out the door, that is when I really appreciate it.

I would definately go with the LCP over the Keltec. Just from reading about the early Keltecs and how many required visits back to the factory.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
My Kel-Tec .380 has been top notch. Shoot a good 100 rounds in it to smooth thing out, keep it cleaned and lubed and I have not had issues. I carry mine regularly. The .380 is a protection round and is better than bare fists or the knife in my pocket. It is not a fighting round, if I was going somewhere where I really thought I would have to use a handgun to fight my way out of - it would be my Glock 36 or 23 - maybe both - going along.

With the new bullet designs out there, I hollow point .380 - I beleive would be able to save my hide if called upon

·
Registered
151 Posts
For the price the LCP is a nice gun. Shoots good and never had an issue with it. There's a couple of us at wor that bought them and no one has had any issue's. and fits in the pocket nice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I bought the wife a LCP. She loves it. And it's supprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. I hate shooting it though....for the same reasons as HighCountry66. It rips up my trigger finger. My wife doesn't have that problem for some reason....I guess it's that her hand fits it better.
Tony

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Another plus for the LCP. A coworker of mine has one. I was very suprised just how accurate the thing is. It does sting you a bit and I found I had to reset my grip after a couple shots due to its small size. Weighs next to nothing (9.8 oz I think?) and almost zero pocket printing due to its slim width. If I was in the market for a small carry auto ( I carry an airlight smith .38) I wouldn't hesitate to buy the LCP.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
HighCountry66 said:
I have an LCP. I havent shot it alot, but never had any failures of any kind.

Its not a fun gun to shoot. Its actually decent in the accuracy department for a small defensive pistol. Mine hurts my trigger finger somehow when I shoot it. But its not made for target practice and when I drop it in my pocket and head out the door, that is when I really appreciate it.

I would definately go with the LCP over the Keltec. Just from reading about the early Keltecs and how many required visits back to the factory.
+1

·
Super Moderator
4,538 Posts
mike2 said:
I bought the wife Ruger's LCP never had any feeding problems or anything just seems to be to small for my hands after about 3 shoots not real fast the little sucker will slide up in my hands. They now sell a piece of plastic that you can put on the bottom of the magazine that should prevent that but I didn't buy one. she now has a 9mm and would probably sell it. if you have large hands I would see if you could shoot one before investing in one
Mike
I just purchased the ruger LCP yesterday and its a really nice gun...fits in my hand and pocket really good....also got the magazine with the slide on it and it seems really comfortable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts