The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it okay to ship a shotgun from me to your front door?
Does the ammo have to go by its self?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
You can ship the gun to another residence in Pa.

Unfortunately, shipping the ammo can be more of a hassle...It must go separately..It must go UPS and it ain't cheap.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I could be wrong but I belive it is against the law to ship a gun to anyone without a ffl? It wouldnt surprise me if you would have to ship the ammo in a different package

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
171farm said:
I could be wrong but I belive it is against the law to ship a gun to anyone without a ffl?
Yeh, yer wrong......A long gun (rifle or shotgun) can be sent directly to the Pa. address....I got one a few weeks ago from the USPS, and the lady asked me right out, "This is a gun, right?"...I just said "Yep"...She handed it to me and went on her way.

A hand gun would still have to go through an FFL dealer.

·
Registered
846 Posts
In-state, it's legal for direct ship on long guns. However, it's still prudent to reasonably assure the identity, age and qualifications of the purchaser. You wouldn't want involved in shipping to persons ineligible to own a gun if you can help it.

Ammo is a pain. It pretty much has to go UPS. It has to be labeled ORM-D per haz-mat rules. The UPS shipping center has to be licensed to receive it, which is usually a distribution center, not the local UPS store. Around here, the only time you can drop it off is 4:00 - 5:30. I recently shipped 2 boxes of some vintage rifle ammo to texas and it was $12 + $2 for rural delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts