The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote this in another thread.....thout it may inspire some open thought...especially as we enter a new dawn of concealed carry & self protection....
I personally have never had a bad experience with a LEO who I treated with the respect that any man or woman deserves who needs to walk such a thin line when approaching any unknown occupant in a car, house or bar...
My assumption will always be that like me @ the end of the day they just wanna go home to their loved ones...& not be a statistic to some butt hole....w a gripe or a problem...or an attitude...
They deserve to know exactly what they are dealing with, get an direct answer to a question & deal with the situation...to the very best of their ability...skill level & experience...& safety... With absolute consideration to who you maybe & not who you think you are!
Like everything in life there are good & bad, days, people & situations...deal with it & take responsibility...for yourself & consideration for them...
I tell my kid (who just started to drive) if your stopped... Do what your told when your told, & if your caught.. Being a knuckleheaded 16 year old ...Your caught...it's nt their fault it's their job...period.
In my daily life...I choose to buy 'em a coffee & thank 'em whenever possible..especially when I'm with my kids or when any kids are around.....it's one thin blue line that works for me & my family & we are thankful for them everyday....
Imho

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I have never had a bad experience with any LE, it all comes down to attitude, and respect.

That being said it is a 2 way street, had a few that were a little grumpy to start but as the conversation moved on it worked out.

Who knows what the LE just dealt with, some jerk, a problem at home, we all have bad days.

When I worked for the power company I dealt with LE's on broken poles, thief of service etc. Most were very professional.

I saw them deal with accident victims and their family's with a much class as possible for what happened, no way would I want to be the guy to tell someone a loved one is dead.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Give an LEO respect like you would give your minister when greeting him. 99 times out of 100 you will get the same in return. LEO's are no different than the rest of us. They have good days and bad days, probably more bad days than we have though.

·
Registered
822 Posts
As a retired LEO the first thing I say to an Officer that has stopped Me for Any reason is "I am a carry Permitt Holder and I have a gun" ,I make sure that The Officer can see My hands ,Always worked for Me On or Off duty . Never Had a Problem

·
Registered
24,975 Posts
Sometimes you can buy them little gifts to show your appreciation.... especially the old retired ones who can't get out much anymore

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
GIE said:
Give an LEO respect like you would give your minister when greeting him. 99 times out of 100 you will get the same in return. LEO's are no different than the rest of us. They have good days and bad days, probably more bad days than we have though.

What if I don't have a minister? Would a SIL do?

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Well, timberdoodle is a bit slow on the uptake and has next to zero experience in LE. You're probably right about that.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding. No need to get all hot about it.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
No respect for that Buckethead guy though. He looks like Rodney Dangerfield with a mullet.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
And....... You act like that is a bad thing. Jealous much?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts