The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Re: Launtenbergs bill background check on powder buys

The Chechens did not use rifle/pistol powder in their bombs.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

Somehow, I knew the gun grabbers would use this to their advantage.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts

Smokeless powder is not explosive.........

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

The left will use everything there is to legislate US citizens into needing a permit to do anything, from putting an addition on your home to buying ball bearings.

All under the guise of "public safety", of course. We are too stupid to police up ourselves so the great holy gov't will have to do it for us.

No laws will prevent terrorism more than what is on the books already. Are we going to need a background check for pressure cookers too? How about a national registry of kitchen appliances?

It will never end.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

Buckshot1822 said:
Smokeless powder is not explosive.........
could it be if enough of it is used in a sealed pressure cooker? I would think so. Not that I think there should be background checks for it.....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

Libs will just make it so hard to get primers, powder and lead, your gun will rendered useless

·
Registered
19,190 Posts

Libs will just make it so hard to get primers, powder and lead, your gun will rendered useless
Funny how this comes full circle- the battle of Lexington/Concord involved a ragtag militia group of what would today be considered terrorists shooting at legitimate LEOs coming into town to confiscate the powder and shot in the armory.... Imagine that.

And here we'll have our own countrymen (& women) lobbying to do effectively what the Redcoats tried to do.

If they do this I think we should have background checks on pressure cookers and for purchase of roofing nails.

BTW- I read in the WSJ today that the older of the 2 Tsarnaev brothers was in Dagestan/Russia and had half a dozen or so documented meetings with "militants" a few years back. Russian security forces raided the militants hideout and killed a few of them, and were putting out leads to question Tsarnaev but he had already left the country to come back to the USA. The FBI at the request of the Russians actually questioned him and his family home was under "observation" by the FBI, including 5 physical visits by the FBI to their house.

But still, this guy didn't have a criminal background, so he could have passed the NICS check easily. So.... I'd like to ask Lautenberg how is a background check for purchase of powder relevant at all, especially given the FBI had all kinds of suspicion and were observing/tracking this guy and he did what he did anyway.

The gall of the Left is outrageous that they'd even try to link gun ownership or reloading to this event.

BH

·
Registered
12,415 Posts

And then to demonstrate the knee jerk idiocy of the gentlearse from New Jersey. It was reported today that they bought $400 worth of fireworks and tore the fireworks apart for the explosive powder. Fools apparently didn't even realize they could have purchased gun powder.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

The fact that NJ ranks 40th in the nation for providing mental health records to the NIC system.....the gentleman from NJ wants to add more items to list of what needs to go through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts