The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It' been a busy year so far with work and I'm not complaining so I'm a little late with youth day pics. It's my favorite hunt of the year and this year my godchild turned 12 and so I got to take him for his first duck hunt.

I hunted one of the same places I take youth every year and once again it produced. Nobody hunted the big marsh across the road so the teal never left it and there were not many woodies around and they generally don't use these ponds anyway but the teal are always fun for the kids.

This year Jacob had a steady diet of big ducks to play with and by about 7:30 he was done. He shot very well for his first hunt, shocked me really how he shot. He ended the morning with 1 hen and 3 drake mallards, 1 spoonie the first I have ever seen here, and he hit a black very hard that kept going that his dad counted against his limit.

Great time with a great kid who I feel is hooked for life and who can't wait to go again and I can't wait to take him.

Jake

Got a little carried away with the black face paint LOL

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nice work. Kudos to his Dad for countin' that black duck in the limit. That kid is learning the sport from a true sportsmans perspective. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Great job John!!!!

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
DrakesOnly said:
Nice work. Kudos to his Dad for countin' that black duck in the limit. That kid is learning the sport from a true sportsmans perspective. Nice job.
x2

great job!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts