The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to bed not feeling well.   Lor let me sleep and when I woke up the sun was shinning. With the AP season quickly coming to a close I wanted to hunt. I decided with the blue bird skies to mix it up. I haven’t had the stuffer rig out since one day last year and this might be a good option with the late start. The morning flight was probably going to be over, but I hoped we could get some birds that were going back to water. 

By the time we got set up it was pushing 9:45. It wasn’t long till some flocks started to return to water. We never had any big tolls , but we pulled birds right into the pocket.

My friends golden retriever named Bently did a good job picking up the birds. He acquired Bently as a neglected dog and turned him into a great waterfowl dog.

With the late start and blue bird conditions we scratched out a limit before noon.

·
20,155 Posts
Dont see many goldens huntin these days. Furs such a pain to keep clean and groomed. I own one and I can't keep the dang thing out the burs even in the house lol. Pretty cool though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice to see pics of a stuffer rig, brings back memories of the good ole days on the shore! Good call for Saturdays conditions.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Congrats Bill! Great pics as always! Thanks Lori!!

Love them stuffers!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
great pics and another good hunt, brother!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts