The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good luck everyone, gonna be some heavy snow in the northern part of the state, good weather for still hunting.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Not sure if I am gonna carry the new Barnett reverse draw Vengeance or the flintlock Friday afternoon and Saturday. I just hope the snow stays for the weekend. Sun for Friday is forcast which will melt the 4 inches we got here on the south facing slopes which is where many of the deer will be.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Gonna hit it on Saturday. Looking forward to hunting in the snow.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cspot said:
Has anybody been out?
went out for a little while, deer were pretty active still and never did see one, lots tracks and lots of fresh beds though. wish I was with about a half dozen or so guys though, someone would have had a shot opportunity with that much sign around.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I saw seven tonight. One on the way to the stand, six while on stand. They may have winded me, and never came close. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ive been out a few times, on Saturday afternoon I had 5 doe within 20 yards. with all the snow it was hard to see through the woods (with most the hemlock branches waited down)
they were in range before i seen them. i took aim on the largest and she went 30-40 yards.

sorry for not getting a pic before i got her hung up.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hunting from the ground today, I had a beautiful 6pt at 20 yds broadside behind just a bit of brush. Decided the ethical thing would be to hope he took 2 steps for a clear shot. Unfortunately he spooked before he got there. Young but out past his ears, he would have been an awesome last season buck.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Looks like a nice size doe Downtown, congrats. I was out again this evening. I saw one on the way to, and coming home from the stand. I saw 8 more while on stand. No shot offered by either of the mature doe I did see. One little one never moved as I was getting out of the blind. Maybe 20 yards away. Funny, her senses must have been in sleep mode. I'd like to drop a doe by Saturday, that would give me a week to do something with the flintlock.

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Smoked a big doe tonight. Had seven deer around me for ten minutes before the one I wanted presented a shot. Story coming soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I plan on taking the wife out tomarrow night, hopefully she can fill a doe tag, she got her buck during the reg. archery season. I still have another doe tag but not sure if i will fill it, i think if she gets a doe then that will be plenty of meat for the freezer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts