The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Yesterday evening was pretty good for me. Saw 8 deer total and had three doe in bow range. Deer were moving late though. Saw all 8 of them just before dark.
Wish I had a doe tag for 2C this year.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Full moon with a low pressure moving into the area tomorrow morning. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of hunters taking deer during the mid-day hours tomorrow.

·
Registered
16,010 Posts
i had some friends muzzy hunting yesterday. fresh snow on wed & skies cleared wed nite, and the deer were out feeding heavily early thursday. pretty simple to go to different cornfeilds & follow those fresh tracks right to bedded deer. they saw around 40 deer, mostly on sgl.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Out for a few hours this evening. Saw 6 doe right around 4:15 or so. Two came in to about 15 to 20 yds of my stand. Not real big so they got a pass.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The back of my eyelids. Can't seem to get myself out there right now. Maybe next week.

Driving back from work at night I have been seeing some good sized herds feeding.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I was going to go today but half a foot of snow fell again last night and wiped out any sign I had to follow. Its getting to the point here where walking will be tough, the road is a mess, might get out monday.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Finally got out yesterday due to family holiday commitments and not wanting to burn out during dicey weather when they might be hunkered down or risk losing a blood trail in the sleet.

Hunted the opening three hours and saw four doe/first year deer. Was back in the tree for the final two hours and saw five doe/first year deer. Nothing close enough for a shot, not really looking to take a doe off of this property anyway. Jumped a couple going in during the afternoon, too.

The amount of fresh tracks and pawings is very encouraging, and I know Te Big One is still around. Got several photos of him Thursday night.

Fair amount of squirrels enjoying the day, and in the AM, lest I be tempted to fall asleep, a pair of pilated woodpeckers were banging away at a tree about 30 yards away.

Will hit it again this afternoon when the snow quits, might get them up on their feet early.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hunted in the late afternoon today.2B. saw nothing. where I hunt visibilty is limited to about 25 yards while on the ground..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
rd22 said:
Hunted in the late afternoon today.2B. saw nothing. where I hunt visibilty is limited to about 25 yards while on the ground..
Same here, was out from 2 to end of day. Shame, thought after the storm theyd be moving..

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got out of blind later in the afternoon and walked quietly deeper into woods away from the creek. I saw 2 deer coming towards me from my right through a thicket 50 yards away. I kneeled down, next to a small tree, both does crossed with in 15 yards of me. They never saw or winded me. Unfortunately I only have a buck tag left. Neat being that close at eye level though!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had 5 doe at 20 yards this afternoon. I took the biggest,
ran about 30 yards, easy tracking in the snow.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Hunted a state park in 2A Saturday. Saw 7 does and had 3 of them at 10 yards hunting with my bow. A buddy of mine shot a doe with his flintlock. Heading back New Years day and i'm thinking about taking my Hawkens, except i like the fact that my bow seems to go off every time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts