The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never put my cameras out after the hunting season. i'm going to this weekend to see what has made it through? have any of you done this and if so, do you use salt blocks or minerals? wondering if deer would even be interested in mineral blocks this late in the year.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My cameras are out at a food plot,but the deer are not coming around,just rabbits.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We put ours out after regular firearm season to see who survived. Sometimes with bait and sometimes without. They are all more than contained on our POSTED property where it does not affect anyone else. Im sure Ill probably regret posting this but what the hay.

·
Banned
629 Posts
Putting mine out this weekend. No bait yet as I will be going out with the flinter or xbow yet. But after the late season I will put out a mineral rock. Last year had 2 nice 8 pts that stopped at the rock 3 days after the season was over.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Mine will be going back out tomorrow. I run one camera all year long except the 2 weeks of rifle. I love late season pics!

·
Registered
949 Posts
After the deer seasons are out i'll put corn out. They really hit the corn hard at that time of year. You can get a good a idea of what made it through the season.

·
Super Moderator
13,364 Posts
Have two corn fields out and several clover fields. The deer have eaten the clover to the ground and are now hitting the standing corn hard.

I put Cams on the clover but will move then in a couple of weeks to the corn areas.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I put out 2 trail cams last saturday in the 2f area.
won't be looking at them till the 29th. no bait as there is still archery and flintlock season coming up.

·
Registered
813 Posts
No Pallof dont waste your time and money. Filled up my corn feeder on last day of buck season and as far as mineral blocks deer wont even touch it. wait till spring!
P.s. shouldnt have to explane myself on this but i will for the cry baby whiny internet police... my feeder is on my property and no one hunts the 3000acres except me and i got a buck the first day so im good. thank you

·
Registered
813 Posts
lol i wouldnt say that If i dont get one in archery in there then gun season is very very boring with no one moving the deer. cuz thats exactly what happens. but this year i did luck out in gun season at 7am catching one of my bucks ive been hunting going back to his bedding area passing my stand for the very last time. lol I wish i had some family or friends that would like to hunt with me in cuz its pretty boring by myself. There is lots of nice bucks its just you never see them ever cuz the property is so thick and they are napping. hahhaa

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well I'm sure some people on here could give you a helping hand in getting the deer moving. You can be very selective with 3000 acres all to yourself! You should be able to put down Booners every year.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Anyone that wants to hunt it let me know! I would love to meet some new guys and hunt with someone. Only thing i ask to whoever wants to hunt it, is if you trout or steelhead fish and or turkey hunt you better let me fish and turkey hunt your spots cuz i would rather fish and turkey hunt any day over deer hunting.

There is some nice bucks on the property. but there is no 3000 acres in the state thats posted that a hunter is going to shoot a booner on every year. Impossible! The best archery hunter or paid sportsman coulnt ever do that in this state (unless its a pen). Any man would be lucky to get one booner in 5 lifetimes then to get one every year cuz that wont every happen in this state. I could take a guy to canada and ill put 1000 on it he wouldnt get a booner first time up there.

So any good fishing or turkey hunting spots for me to trade with someone?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I always have the cameras out after the season is over. Nice to see what made it. I put the camera on good crossings, food sources, or near firewood or TSI projects. I never use bait or salt blocks. I prefer natural settings.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Redwolf23, lets keep in touch. I live near clearfield. lots of good turkey hunting around my place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts