The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The late season treated us much better than the late Oct-Nov season. Got out a good bit and really laid into the birds. Didn't limit every time out, even got skunked a time or two, but when we were in the birds we sure did make it count. Have to give some props to my buddy for puttting on some serious miles and beating down doors on days I worked to make those days off that much more productive.

With this being only our second year, and last year being a real crap show as we had no clue of what to do/what we needed, I'd say we're doing pretty good but we're definitely learning something new every time out. While we weren't on the "x" every day, we adapted a bit and had a slew of great hunts. Today was extra sweet.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning a year older, started gathering my gear and set off with hopes of a birthday limit on the last day. By the time we met up and got to our spot it was around 5am. We went through the motions as always, laying out our full spread of nearly 90 full bodies, brushed in and got ready.

The birds were flying earlier than we are used to, passing in the distance just after daybreak. We worked out first group of 4 birds right around 830. They locked up and dropped right in. After a flurry of shots the birds were down and we rushed to gather them up. One, Two, Three, FOUR! All banded! These were our first bands of the season. We were seriously doubting their existence LOL

A short time later, a group of 3 pitched right in. No survivors... LOL. All we needed was one last group. About 30 minutes passed and we heard the honks closing in and before we knew it they were about to touch down in the deeks and the limit was finished. We were pretty pumped to close out the season on a high note. Here is a closing shot from today and a gang of other hunts from the Dec-Jan season. Enjoy

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Nice hunts fellows! Congrats on the bling and happy birthday bud. It looks like you guys are figuring it all out pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That's awesome congrats on the bands.

·
20,154 Posts
Nicely done. I've enjoyed the txt banter this year and it's nice to see some pics. Looks like you're doing awesome. Still not over for ya yet either.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
just saw this post....nice hunts, guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts