The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know what I can expect but my dad got drawn for a blind for Friday. Has anyone been around there this time of year before? Any recent reports?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
hunted a week or 2 ago there. very slow didnt really start to see any birds till pick up time. Plus I think we only heard 3 or 4 shots that day.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I don't know how many more fresh geese will be hitting Pymie that will be dumb and fly low or think about committing. Only one way to find out though. Good luck.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey rabbit, snow is going to fall Thursday night so give it a go. The weather can change things. I wish I could share another hunt with my dad (that hasn't happened for over 30 years) so don't miss it.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Friend on mine was just up there this past Friday. Blind number 6. They both got geese. Said birds were flying all morning.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Four of us went up today and enjoyed just going up. We all got the commemorative bands which are nice. We pulled #18 and that ended up being in a gooseless desert. #6 was mentioned earlier. 18 is up on the hill across route 285. We watched a ton of geese fly to the ponds and some flew in other areas obviously away from any blinds. There was shooting coming from the row that 6 is in. Other than that we watched one blind get 3 geese. I think it was #34 it's the one closest to the maintenance buildings and across from the ponds. They had a small group come in and they got 2 then later pulled another one down. I was watching the geese through binoc's when they shot the 2. It was neat watching the geese fold up and drop like rocks and then hearing the shots like 2 seconds later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts