The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have this in the Camp forum as well...Gauging any interest in potentially doing some late season flinter/bow hunting in Tioga county.

I would be willing to open our camp to anyone in the Cambria, Blair, Clearfield counties to take a trip to camp to do some hunting. This obviously is contingent on still having a buck tag and finding a good weekend to go. Hunting would be on state forest. The camp has electric and running water (but the water will prob not be turned on). Camp is a place to keep warm and dry, its far from very fancy but will do.

My wife doesnt like when I go to camp by myself so here is a chance to get up there and also meet new people.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Willing to open the offer to people outside of the counties I mentioned. Just thought since they were close it would be easy to meetup for the drive.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Would be interested but I won't have any tags for that area. The late season flintlock hunts are great fun!

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
We're Berks County folks, but flintlocks are our weapons of choice. My son, my grandson, and I hunted Tioga State Forest with our 2G tags during the early flintlock season. Our tags are still untouched!

We hunted the Tioga State Forest west of Colton Point, and have hunted the West Rim Trail from Blackwell. It is our favorite piece of Pennsylvania!

We are considering a two-three day trip after Christmas with our flintlocks, and staying at the Tyson's Colton Point Motel on Rt. 6.

PM me if a post-Christmas hunt can be arranged.

We would enjoy joining forces with other flintlockers!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you serious? Well we come through Galeton and take 6 east to watrous...so we will just have to go Sherman St, Clinton St, Yahn Rd, Hanky Panky rd? I was looking at a map a few weeks back and was wondering how long it would take to go that route instead of going the whole way up 6 to hit watrous and marshlands

1 - 16 of 16 Posts