The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is new license time and also time to start the plans rolling for another late season flint hunt here at my place. Loggy is my main organizer, so I'll let him do most of the planning. I can sleep 7 in my bunkhouse and me and one other in my house, for a total of 9. The guys who were here last year will get first option of coming again this season, and then we'll fill the roster from there. Once the hunt is organized, I'll fill everyone in on what they'll need to bring. Area is 4A in case anyone wants to get a doe license or just wing it with your regular muzzleloader license. Hope to have another great hunt. Yes, Bunky, you can bring a weedeater!

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
gentleben said:
Well, here it is new license time and also time to start the plans rolling for another late season flint hunt here at my place. Loggy is my main organizer, so I'll let him do most of the planning. I can sleep 7 in my bunkhouse and me and one other in my house, for a total of 9. The guys who were here last year will get first option of coming again this season, and then we'll fill the roster from there. Once the hunt is organized, I'll fill everyone in on what they'll need to bring. Area is 4A in case anyone wants to get a doe license or just wing it with your regular muzzleloader license. Hope to have another great hunt. Yes, Bunky, you can bring a weedeater!

Sounds great Dick!!

I plan to go in for a WMU 4A tag to be covered for your hunt in the rare event I fill my buck tag!

I got a call last week from soupe who joined us last year & dropped him a message to ck in here at HPA to follow hunt plans.

Bunky likely will bring brush cuttin equip plus I hear Dale Sholder is sharpening-up his flinter skills!!

We all had an outstanding hunt at Gentlebens last year & look fwd to another one this coming season!!

How do the hunt dates: 12/28(Mon) through 12/30(Weds)... leaving for home Weds or Thurs look?? I would like to arrive Sunday 12/27 so we can get a full day Monday plus hunt Tues & Weds...3 days.

Dick...if this is good for you...we can start a roster within this Thread & get this one locked down!!

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go for it! Those dates are fine with me. OOOOH TP now that's cruel (but VERY true)

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Great Dick!! Ok the Official 2009 HPA(Eastern) Late Season Hunt Roster is hereby started! This hunt will be in WMU 4A so apply for your tag accordingly. Plank we will put you first on backfill list unless you can confirm which I doubt you can at this point. I was in same delemma but have decided to go for a 4A to ensure joining this great hunt. You otta get a 4A...we could use ya out there tramping around!!

OK!! Lets start filling this Roster!!!

Hunt Roster (There are 7 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Im in for sure----I just bought a new John Deere 500 series and was so amazed that I bought a new Stihl commercial grare weed eater for cutting brush as well!!!! Im in and cant wait...... Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!!!

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Great GBJ & Bunky!! Dropped Dale Sholder a PM plus Soupe a voice mail.

<u>Hunt Roster</u> (There are 5 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Soupe got back to me today & he's a go!!

<u>Hunt Roster</u> (There are 4 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr
(5) Soupe

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Great news!! Just spoke to Dale Sholder & he is a go plus will bring his Son Cory!! I rememberour past hunt Dale sharing pics & hunt stories of Cory's great deer hunting success last year! Sure happy to have Cory join the ole smokin gang!!!!!

Gentleben...I think all from the last years hunt have now signed up!! Looks like the Hunt is now open for any new. I have sent an email to Berkscoflinter & his friend Skip informing of Hunt who were regulars on prior hunts(years before gentlebens) up in Planks neck of the woods...Micheaux Forest. Also alerted Tomcat AKA HPA Red Oak of hunt dates.

Better get that ole Meat Pole ready with this line-up!!!

Hunt Roster (There are now 2 openings!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr
(5) Soupe
(6) Dale Sholder
(7) Cory(Dales Son)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds to me like those Bedford deer are in deep doo-doo already with that line up

Would love to join you to hunt with those I have hunted with before and to get to know those I've never met. Problem is I've already committed to the same two flintlock hunts I've been doing for about 25 years in WMU's 3A and 3C. The 3C dates are firm, the last weekend of flintlock season but 3A dates are still to be determined and often fall between Christmas and New Year's which would conflict with your hunt.

So I won't reserve a spot and then come back later and say sorry but I can't make it, would rather leave it open for others. I won't rule out a one day hunt though at this point but would have to leave my house around 0300 to arrive at gentleben's place in time for the morning hunt.

Don't think I know anyone else who can organize a hunting or fishing trip as fast as Loggy!

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Tom I knew you always had a standing flinter Late Season Hunt but forgot when. Anything changes & we still space...give us a hollar!! A one dayer would be fine if you can work it!

Todd...if you have a tag & we have space...let us know. If bunkhouse is filled...mebbie do a one dayer. From your locale my guess 1.5 hours or less. I think you would really like the hunting at gentlebens. Heck get urself a 4A tag & give those deer a break in your neck of the woods!!

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
TPlank said:
Realized the bunk was full. Just putting myself out there for the "second string" list.
TPlank said:
Realized the bunk was full. Just putting myself out there for the "second string" list.
Todd 2 bunks currently open. Ur already there in the "2nd string line-up"!!
Grab urself one of the 29,000 WMU 4A tags available & you can be clean-up hitter in the opening line-up!! We need a loooonnnnggg legged South Mountain Climber like you to pull ole Bunky out of the thickets when he gets into trouble which will happen for sure!!!!

Two overnite opening as of now & this hunt will be filled!! Anyone that has interest...be sure to join the Roster!!

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
I believe I can do that the first round. Plenty of 5B tags to go for the second round. Already have DMAP for Michaux.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
The deer arent in any danger from me lol. Or Bunky for that matter. We seem to find the open space around them. Looking forward to seeing the guys again and meeting a couple new guys or ladies as well.

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
TPlank said:
I believe I can do that the first round. Plenty of 5B tags to go for the second round. Already have DMAP for Michaux.
Alright Todd!!!

Hunt Roster (There is now 1 opening!!)

(1) Gentleben
(2) Loggy
(3) Bunky
(4) Grey Bear, Jr
(5) Soupe
(6) Dale Sholder
(7) Cory(Dales Son)
(8) TPlank

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
WOW---nice looking line up! Ill take left field...

·
Premium Member
24,033 Posts
Bunky said:
WOW---nice looking line up! Ill take left field...
Bunky...you got it!!! Who's gonna be the clean-up hitter that can hit a deer with a flinter if a broadside standing shot inside the 25 yard line presents itself!! Thats the real question!!

I still dont think you pushed a ball down that Dickert 54 cal swamped Rice Barrell !!

1 - 20 of 799 Posts