The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this real nice seven pointer on Thursday January 3rd. My first ever late season buck!! I have a blind that I put up in August on a good late season food source. I never hunted it until the day after Christmas. The deer were totally used to it and with a NW wind I'm in great shape and I have a great stealthy access to the blind. I hunted it 4 times and kept seeing a number of deer and the three same bucks, a 5 pt, a spike, a half-rack 3 point, and a fork-horn. Finally last Thursday this guy came to the food. I made my farthest shot on a whitetail to date, 36 yards. He was down in less than 75 yds. With 7-8 inches of snow it was easy to see him and there was no way you could miss the blood trail. He's got a broken off right G3, broken brows, his right G2 has the tip broken off, and the left main beam tip is broken. I guess he was a fighter. His inside spread is 17.5 inches and his outside spread is 18.25 inches. I'm elated to get a buck like this in the late season! I had a long season and hunted a lot. I guess not giving up finally paid off. I put a few more pics of him on the Archery Photos page. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Congrats on a PA scrapper. He must have seen his share of fights this year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts