The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looking back through, lets shoot for the 30th, 31st, or 2nd. not sure about 31st as it's new years eve and not sure if that will keep guys from going as they may have partys or whatnot. But Lets see what guys think....

those who said "depends on the date" do any of these days work for you? I've seen a couple that said the 2nd would work...

·
Registered
616 Posts
As much as I would love to take the ball I dont have a whole lot of time right now with a 13 month old at home and another due any day now. Hate to come out of the gate throwing excuses like that...

I will take a look at the map and make some notes on where I would push and get it to you. What is your e-mail? I am going to try and make it so I can meet some of you but cant guarantee it due to the new babies arrival.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I can try and help out as much as I cam KT. Neal and I walked around like he said about 75% of that place. ALot of good areas and alot of escape routes.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Most of the dates would work for me. Take your pick

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So far I have:

Tplank
Whitewaterhunter
Flanuva
Bigbear09
NIcerack
Trado
Nealauderman
Killin'Time
Soupe
Platter
wampire

All the above have shown interest in doing this. Most have said the 2nd will work. A couple said they MIGHT be able to do it. . Be nice to get a few more guys on the bus here.
Just about have enough if EVERYONE showed. I know there's a few who are up in the air for various reasons, but starting to shape up into a hunt here!

·
Registered
539 Posts
No deer in michaux really? We saw more this year than we have for a long time. Too bad we all missed. Same as usual for us no hunters after 12 on day one. Tons of shooting around my honey hole. I think I'll be back there on the 26th. The 4A at Dicks got pushed way back this year so I would be In. Platter would probably be in also.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The ponds are one area that WILL be pushed if this plan goes through

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Flanuva, I'm officially turning this into a plan that is going through for Janurary 2, 2012. (weather dependant)
just got an email from neal with a couple drives that we could do, and i'm going to go out that way and try to find a few more spots. I figure if we have 6 or so spots ready, we should be in good shape. Areas aren't as big as pushing big clearcuts in michaux like we did last year, so they should probably go a little faster and we can cover a few more areas. But as of now, we should be a "go"!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Better start practicing running shots with your flinter becuase they will busting out of the brush like rabbits. you'll have to lead them like a station 5 high house LOL

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well i'm thinking if we don't push em' hard, take our time on the pushes and just slowly walk through as opposed to haulin' the mail, may get them to get up and sneak out or at least move out at a "trot". But that's just wishful thinking!

41 - 60 of 215 Posts