just hearing the excitement makes me feel better already

Im def going wend and thurs. even if on crutches

got my blood circulateing again.

·
Registered
11,143 Posts
Re:5A Flintlock hunt

whitewaterhunter said:
Somebody had to go get some action. So I headed to my cabin for the final sit. Saw one big single about 300 yards, then right where I knew they would come down the mountain two stepped out onto the pipeline at 50 yds. They were just feeding broadside. It was heavy winds and snowing hard. I leveled the deerstalker on the closest one. It was a nice squeeze and nice ignition. I had to start looking right away because it was getting late and snowing. As soon as I got to the spot I heard the deer jump and run. After going in the woods and finding some blood near where it jumped I heard it jump again and run off. So I left. Well I guess the hunts not over. Hope my boss understands. Thanks KT see ya in the morning.
KT and WW found the deer. I am sure more info will come.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Well the hunts over now. Got there this morning at first light. I put KT in a stand for the first half hour while I did a loop looking for fresh tracks. Then we met up and walked a trail where I last heard the deer. We both spotted it at the same time just up off the trail. Made a nice shot behind the shoulder. Now the real work begins. On to the shed to skin some deer and drink some beer.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #206

A "deer sickle"!

Had a great time today Sam! Glad we found your deer!
Hope we can get together and do some hunting again!

·
Registered
238 Posts

Hey Thanks guys. KT thanks for coming up to help, your welcome up anytime. We might have to do a 4B hunt next time. Well it wasn't as frozen in that picture as it is now. I skinned it last night and cleaned it up. Now she is as hard as a rock. Might have to break out the saw-zaw to cut out the loins.
I'll tell ya, it was obvious why ther was no blood trail. There was a wad of hair stuffed in the hole over 1" long Like a plug you would fix a flat tire with.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Nice Sam and Thanks for the hunt boys. I had a great time.
It s always great to meet the "real deal" hunters at this site. I would recommend getting invoved to any of you out there that may be sitting on the fence. No deer but a great time.
The food was gourmet Sammy. The company was better.
Organic Chicken and bean with a hunk of stuffing, venison of all types, cheeses, cookies, fudge and
much more Wow!
KT did a great job of organizing and I am very much appreciative. What a good kid and the real deal.
While we struggled to see deer, it happens in late season. I particularly enjoyed the high fence like multi flora and huneysuckle and whatever that other crap was. Zipper pockets will be a must next year so I can do a forward flip over those piles next year. To me the more difficult the better. It won't be long before I can't do it anymore(allegedly anyway).
It could be me boys I've seen 1 all late season.
Anytime anyplace I'd hang with you boys. I'll be at Dick's place for the end of the season (Gentle Ben). I know guys are dropping out there so if your doing nothing stop by. More real dealers just like you.
Again thanks to all involved with set up and scouting. Of course you too Plank. Your the one that got me to that resturant to plan that first hunt here a several years ago.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #215

Soupe,
It was great meeting you too. Be glad to have you out hunting anytime. Hopefully next year we can get some deer moving. Hey, even without the deer, it was still a great time. Deer would have just been the icing on the cake. Hopefully we'll continue to have a good turn out every year. Next year we'll try a new area and hopefully get that icing on the cake! Keep in touch! (and never thought of myself as "the real deal" before... Think you might be too generous in using those words in regards to me! LOL just kidding. I appreciate the complement...

201 - 215 of 215 Posts