The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone is up to taking the reigns this year and organizing a hunt or not. I put it together last year, set up the drives, etc.... was hoping someone else could take the ball this year. It'd be nice to hunt some different areas each year. There's plenty of options if anyone is familiar with the game lands that are in Franklin Co. or if anyone has farms we could drive out. We had a great turn out last year and I'm hoping we can organize something with about the same amount of ppl this year! So who's up for it!?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, so lets have it somewhere else. Plenty of other options.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Didn't you hear late season has been cancelled in 5A since no deer have been sighted.
Let the herd re-populate.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Muab Dib, Killin'time, and myself all have backtags for flintlock, I've still got my DMAP 94, Killin's got a DMAP and a 5A, Dib's got a 5A.

we're just getting the meat pole stretched out for late season!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe over christmas break I'll go out and explore a few areas to do some drives in 5A.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Alright, count me in again. We'll have some hot soup again too. I have my buck tag and a DMap. Never killed a buck with the flinter so maybe this is the year. KT I'll plan some drive scenerios so we have some plans to work with.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TPlank said:
Excellent!
Was afraid I was going to have put up with KT by myself....
ya furget' about wampire!? he has to put up with me darn near weekly!

whitewaterhunter said:
Alright, count me in again. We'll have some hot soup again too. I have my buck tag and a DMap. Never killed a buck with the flinter so maybe this is the year. KT I'll plan some drive scenerios so we have some plans to work with.

What DMAP area do you have?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bigbear09 said:
what dates for this "event"?
That's up to whoever takes the ball on organizing everything to figure out. I did it last year, would appreciate someone taking the ball this year. Right now, be best to hold off on a "date" until more ppl are on board with getting together.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm on winter break, so just about any of the days will work for me! I'll be out anyway as many of the days possible. Between that and bow hunting MD i'll be hunting something!

·
Registered
238 Posts
KT, I have #94.

As for dates, The 2nd would be good for me, although I'd be willing to take Fri. Dec 30th off, but Sat the 31st is good too. Heck lets hunt the whole weekend, we'll get something.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the only day that wouldn't work for me is Jan 7.. Md has a 2 day gun season and we drive our private farms out that saturday. I THINK it's Jan 7?

1 - 20 of 215 Posts