The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the new licenses are just now being sold, but figured this would be a good time to get a start on our annual late season flint hunt here at my place. I would appreciate a roll call of those who hunted last year and a guess at whether you'll be huntin' here this year. Last season, even with the harsh weather, we had two kills and a zillion misses, with Corey leading the pack with 3 misses and dale with a miss on a coyote. As the time nears we'll set the dates and final roster. For overnighters, and especially if some can bring cots and/or air mattresses, I will take up to 15. Day hunters are welcome up until we would possibly hit the legal limit of 25 hunters. I sure hope to see all my regulars from last season here and to meet some new faces too. Chime in and let me know if think you can come so I can begin the slow process of logistics. Meanwhile I hope all have a great summer and for those who fish, a great sucessfull season...........Dick

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Pending how harsh the New Shirttail Regulations are...I'm in of course!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Good heavens Dick...you're not starting to buy groceries yet are you? We still have a couple of months to get ready!

I'll be back up with Eddie, Don and Mark plus a couple of other guys that whoosed out the last day. Might be 7 or 8 of us. Looking forward to the months ending in "R". Shining times and good fellowship...what could be better?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I am in again this year. I am off the week after Christmas so any of those would work for me. Since my son will be at college and miss the regular season he will probably be in also.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Acorn20 said:
Good heavens Dick...you're not starting to buy groceries yet are you? We still have a couple of months to get ready!
First day to apply for anterless tags for 4A is just a few weeks away.

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually Dan, the guests buy the groceries. I just eat 'em!. Long Hunter, place is in Bedford Co about 12 mi from Breezewood. When, will come as soon as possible. As I did last year, there will be dates for the group hunt, but anyone wishing to come on other dates is welcome. I had one guy here for a few days then some of the group that weekend, and then another group the following weekend. All dates are basically open to me. Loggy usually picks a time frame and we work around that. Anyone coming is welcome to put in for 4A doe license or use your buck tag if that's all you have left.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i'm one who had to bow out last year, i'd like to make it this year....but i might have to pass up on some bucks i got pegged for nov archery season....hate to buy and waste a doe tag if i couldn't make it "again"
.........bob

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Bob...I wouldnt pass on any trophy bucks!!

You could always come & be a driver!!

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Cory and I are in as well. The dates last year worked well for us. The company in its infinite wisdom changed our mandatory week off to July this year the well i wont say it. But I am hoping we can still get there to hunt. cant wait till then.

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Too early yet for me to fix any dates at least for myself. Still 6 months out.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Depending on the dates, I wouldn't mind taking the hawkins for a walk, with you guys.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I will more thank likely apply for 4A in the second round. first round is always 4D for me

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
5B first round then 4A second for me. Just found out my family in 1700s lived not far from where we hunt at GB---they were in Fayette Co, for 3 or more years prior to going to Nutter Fort WVA.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts