The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the small game forum, but no one seems to have the answer, so I will try here...

I know any time anyone asks a question about a season or a law, they get a giant poo dumped on their head by many forum members for being lazy, but I'll ask anyways as I can't seem to find a definite answer on-line or in the digest... So let the pooing begin!

On page 8 of the digest is the "Updates" section. The third to last paragraph states: "A special cottontail rabbit season for junior hunters coincides with the junior pheasant hunt, Oct. 9-16. In addition three weeks were added to the late cottontail season and the pheasant season in those WMU's that are open to a late season, Dec. 27-Feb. 26, 2011."

I hunt most in 4A which has a late pheasant season... Am I reading correctly that the season ends Feb 26th?

The reason I ask is when I check almost every other source in the digest and on-line, it states the season ends Feb. 5.

Did the ending date get changed at the last second and this is why it reads this way?

So, the question is, for those of us hunting in areas with a late season for pheasants, does the season end Feb. 5 or 3 weeks later on Feb. 26 like the "Updates" section talks about...

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
PHEASANT: Special season for eligible junior hunters, with or without required license – Oct. 9-16 (2 daily, 4 in possession). Male pheasants only in WMUs 2A, 2B, 2C, 4C, 4E, 5A and 5B. Male and female pheasants may be taken in all other WMUs. There is no open season for the taking of pheasants in any Wild Pheasant Recovery Areas in any WMU.

PHEASANT: Male only in WMUs 2A, 2B, 2C, 4C, 4E, 5A and 5B – Oct. 23-Nov. 27. Male and female may be taken in all other WMUs – Oct. 23-Nov. 27, Dec. 13-23 and Dec. 27-Feb. 5 (2 daily, 4 in possession).

There is no open season for the taking of pheasants in any Wild Pheasant Recovery Areas in any WMU.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1805262#Post1805262

1 - 3 of 3 Posts