The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you hunt some areas with an Inline in the late ML season or must you hunt all of PA with a Flintlock?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
5c 5d and a 2 wmu I believe you can use any firearm for doe, but only flintlock or bow for a buck

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
The way I read the book section (deer season and bag limits) you can use an inline if you have an anterless license since the anterless season for 2B, 5C and 5D is from Dec. 26 to Jan 26...under "reg firearms season".

If you do not have an anterless license for those MWUs you can only use a flintlock providing you have a muzzleloader license and an unused buck tag.

·
Banned
152 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
The way I read the book section (deer season and bag limits) you can use an inline if you have an anterless license since the anterless season for 2B, 5C and 5D is from Dec. 26 to Jan 26...under "reg firearms season".

yepp said just what i was gonna say

If you do not have an anterless license for those MWUs you can only use a flintlock providing you have a muzzleloader license and an unused buck tag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the information. I thought I heard you could use an inline in some areas, but I could not find the information that clearly indicated that in the PA Hunting & Trapping Digest.

Thanks again for clearing it up for me. I just hope my flintlock goes off when I hopefully see a deer this season. Appears to very slim pickens on state land. SIGH

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
It is, flintlock muzzleloader.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You guys should all read your digest. There is an antlerless season in the special regulations areas begining on Dec. 26 that inlines are legfal to use if you have an antlerless license.

·
Registered
168 Posts
and the saga continues if you arent seeing deer where you hunt why go and shoot the doe and take 3 deer that will be there next year?

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
John S said:
You guys should all read your digest. There is an antlerless season in the special regulations areas begining on Dec. 26 that inlines are legfal to use if you have an antlerless license.
Just what I said.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
good ole boy said:
Every year we go thru this crap.LEAVE OUR ONLY FLINTY SEASON ALONE AND WE DON,T WANT ANY INLINES IN IT.Is that clear enough for you.
Agree completely, but it will only be a week or so till the same two or three guys start complaining in the muzzy forum....

·
Banned
4,988 Posts

For those that want to hunt with your inline, you have your season before any rifle season.

So quit crying about not being able to use an inline in the FLINTLOCK season!!

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
We do have seperate flintlock and any ignition muzzleloader seasons. With that said, only in the flintlock season are antlered deer legal.

I have asked for antlered deer to be legal in the early inline season by draw, similar to our elk draw. Make a low number of tags available. Would generate some interest and dollars for the pgc and if the tags are kept low, the impact would be minimal.

I do alot of archery hunting but it is time that those that like firearms/muzzleloader get thrown a bone to. With particpation in rifle season dropping, the time is coming for increased firearms opportunities.

The BOC were discussing adding a week to archery season at the working group meeting but it does appear the consensus is that will not happen. If that thought was being entertained, there seems to be some room to work with the early muzzeloader season if it is done right that addresses some of the concerns from hunters that do not archery hunt that they are being forgotten.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
If that thought was being entertained, there seems to be some room to work with the early muzzeloader season if it is done right that addresses some of the concerns from hunters that do not archery hunt that they are being forgotten.
Exactly how is anybody being forgotten in this state today? I'm not saying I disagree with your ideas but I do disagree with this part. I could be wrong but I thought the whole purpose of the early muzzy season was to help with the antlerless harvest?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Thus inline's were made legal in the "early season", which created a new interest in muzzy hunting, and a reason to buy another type of firearm.

The "late" season was originally a "Primitive weapons" season and some of us still adhere to that principal.

The funny part, at least to me, was the concern that we were going to take to many deer and were limited to certian area's to hunt and a few years later they wanted HR, but that is a totally different beast.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts