The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Being retired I was thinking Monday (being the last day) to get out with the snow. But the "forcast" are for like 10" or better. I can't get around in that kind of snow....so one of my favorite seasons.....flint in the snow.....will go by without me having a snow day to do that!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m gonna definitely hunt Monday. I have a doe tag and still haven’t killed a buck and we are running low on meat. Wife says I need to step it up this year lol.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I’m gonna definitely hunt Monday. I have a doe tag and still haven’t killed a buck and we are running low on meat. Wife says I need to step it up this year lol.
My wife told me “ no more wild game this year” 🙁🙁😮 something about our freezer in the garage busting full both freezers in the house and meat at both brother in laws.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
There is a chance I'll be out tomorrow. In the SRA we have until 1/29 so I have a little more time. I was planning on being at camp this last weekend (2F) but scheduling didn't allow for enough time to justify the 5 hour trip one way.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I thought yesterday was going to be my last day, and maybe it was. But it seems that snowmegdon is going to end early Monday morning, so I might get out after the snow stops..
Sad to say, but I'm too old, tired and beat up to venture in that wind tomorrow. Cold yes, cold and wind, no..

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought yesterday was going to be my last day, and maybe it was. But it seems that snowmegdon is going to end early Monday morning, so I might get out after the snow stops..
Sad to say, but I'm too old, tired and beat up to venture in that wind tomorrow. Cold yes, cold and wind, no..
Pop up ground blind, lots of warm clothes. The blind cuts the wind down enough to stand it.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
I will be out tomorrow. Me, myself and I. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I’m going to hunt WV for the Mountaineer Heritage season tomorrow and give it one last shot in 2A Monday after work with some snow on the ground

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yeah you need a 22 license but if you kill something it actually counts toward your 21 seasonal limit . I think that’s a bit odd but it’s how it works . The season has only been around a couple years and the wv license has always been calendar year so I guess this was the best option . The season is deer bear or turkey with a flintlock, percussion, recurve , or longbow.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I might get out in the late afternoon tomorrow and Monday if it's not too deep.
Got to put snow tires on the car and couple other things.
Good luck to those going out tomorrow and Monday.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts