The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well three of us headed up to camp to hunt the last three days after a disappointing first week. the Plan for the first day of the trip was to do small one man pushes. The first push was about a mile from the truck so on the walk in we just played the wind and snuck as quietly as possible in the fresh snow. We came to the edge of the clear cut that we were going to push, and i caught a glimpse of movement on the other side. I saw a legal buck and pulled the trigger and down he went, another buck popped out and a buddy dropped him as well. Then four more buck popped out not knowing where the shots were coming from at that distance. The shots ended up being 285 and 265 yards which is hard to come by in the big woods of potter county. Not our biggest bucks for camp but was still a neat morning.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I am impressed with the keenness of your eye site to determine they were legal at those distances. Wow all those buck hangn somewhat together. Nice hunt.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It wasn't easy! Haha luckily we could take our time and get a good look at them. There were three four points in the group that were bigger than the bucks we shot. Talk about tough judgement calls

1 - 9 of 9 Posts