The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to first spot and was getting gear together and wind slammed truck door on my legs, had wrong switch on kill light,deleted calls off phone by accident (because I can't read back of remote list on fox pro, poked self in eye putting on reading glasses,and forgot hunting license in archery fanny pack. Got back in truck and went home!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Been there!!!! Infact my last few hunts were like that!
Hope the bad streak ends soon! [censored] when it's happening but the stories get funnier as years go by! Enjoy every moment you get. You might not enjoy it right at the moment but later down the road when you tell the story youll be laughing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can feel for you both! Greenheadhunter, had a similar thing happen to me during The Mosquito Creek Hunt several years ago. Tried to cross what looked like a small run off only about 2 feet wide, turned out to be about 4 feet deep. My truck was rocking on the frame rails. Lucky for us a guy out for a walk came upon us and went and got his truck to pull us out. I think we would still be there if he didn't. As you said, as time goes by and we tell the stories they get funnier, was quite mad at the time but have had a couple friends in tears telling it since..

·
Premium Member
24,224 Posts
I went hunting the other night and when I got to where I wanted to go I found out I left my gloves at home.

·
Banned
491 Posts
lol - definitely laughing with you guys... Been there, and done it... several years ago, actually - 9 years ago to the day, I sunk a durango in a mini lake near quebec run.... wasnt my greatest New Years Eve hunt...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GreenHeadHunter said:
Been there!!!! Infact my last few hunts were like that!
Hope the bad streak ends soon! [censored] when it's happening but the stories get funnier as years go by! Enjoy every moment you get. You might not enjoy it right at the moment but later down the road when you tell the story youll be laughing.

looks like you parked in the only hole on the road

1 - 6 of 6 Posts