The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I went back to where I stopped last week to finish out the place. I had real high hopes and was very excited to return. I started pulling mid 60's to 70's pennies all over, mixed in were a couple wheats. After a while I got a solid 89-90 on my at pro. I never had numbers that high before. Turns out it was 15 Lincoln's in the same hole. I thought it was kinda weird but I kept them separate so I could see what years they were. When I got home to clean them off they were all the same year! 1969. Super weird. Here are some of them when I turned the plug over. I wish I got a better picture of all of them.

It was pretty uneventful the rest of the day until I got to the last strip I was doing. I had a 72-74 signal that didn't have a chirp to it like the zinc pennies do. It was a nice solid tone. I said please let this be my first Indian and make this outting worth while. About 4 inches down I flipped over my plug and saw an imprint of a coin. In the bottom of the hole I found a round penny shape coin. I coulda swore I saw Lincoln at first but after a couple swipes I saw feathers!! I was super excited. This coin was at the top of my list and I was finally holding it. The date read 1908 and I got even more excited and Didn't rub the back off hoping for a mint mark. After I cleaned it There was no mint mark but I'm still just as excited. Moving to the top of my list now is a standing liberty quarter. Enjoy.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
cool find

congrats on getting that Indian off your list, that was also the first coin on my "wish list". Have crossed off a LOT since then and hope you can too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts