The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its the daughters last year as a Jr before she has to deal with these antler restrictions, so she went as big as she could.

She shot a 6 with the nicest formed rack I have seen here in a while. Spotted it about 60-70 yards out, heading in towards us from the north, she took her time and at around 30 he turned west, I whistled at him and she turned him into food. 30-30 Marlin, 125 Sierra Pro-hunter, @ 2200 fps (imr 4895). Hit him in the shoulder, he bounced once and piled up. It took out the bottom of the heart and ended up under the skin on the right side.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Congrats to your daughter. Good lookin buck there.

On another note good for you teaching her proper firearm handling skills.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Callmaker60 said:
Very nice, I sure being with her taking that buck, was better than you taking one.
Actually, she interrupted my coffee drinking by being so inconsiderate to shoot that thing.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ACEarcher said:
Congrats to your daughter. Good lookin buck there.

On another note good for you teaching her proper firearm handling skills.
You are the second person that has seen that pic in the last 1/2 hr that has mentioned that. Thanks and I am proud to say I never mentioned anything to her about unloading and where to keep the muzzle pointed. That makes me happier than the deer.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Heck of a "graduation" present! Welcome to the adult hunter world girlfriend; next year you can tell dad to find his own darn stand!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Varmintmist said:
Callmaker60 said:
Very nice, I sure being with her taking that buck, was better than you taking one.
Actually, she interrupted my coffee drinking by being so inconsiderate to shoot that thing.
I can remember hunting with my wife one year. I finally decided to get my sub out to eat(I was starving) and my wife says, "hey here comes a deer......and it's a buck!" I drop my sandwich(we were sittiing on the ground underneath a hemlock) and I get the binos up to check to see if it's legal. It was and she ends up shooting it. After the excitement and everything we go back up to where we were sitting and I'm thinking how good that subs going to taste now. There it was, smashed into the dirt!
Darn wife.

Congrats on the young miss' fine buck. Those are the little things we remember forever!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts