The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is our last chance for this season to harvest a deer. I still have my buck tag and plan on giving it one last try in 2B. It's been a frustrating late season and it seems every day I have off to hunt it rains all day. Good luck to anyone still out chasing whitetails tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Good luck. Way to stay with it. It went out on 1/20 in our area and i think it rained every Saturday in the late season. Really stunk temperature wise. I like cold and snowy. Hope you connect.

·
Registered
21,315 Posts
Sounds like the weather is gonna be like it has been every weekend this year. Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Hang in there and good luck. My son shot a doe in 5C this evening. He had a very large 8 pt at 15 yards. The big boy was dogging a doe fawn. He was much bigger than the one he tagged in the first archery season. This guy still had his head gear and was looking for love. We are both happy he is around and hopefully we will get to meet him again next year.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the bucks I've seen in the last couple weeks all were still carrying. I saw the big buck I was after all season last Wednesday and he had both sides. I know there are two nice bucks in 2B I'll be after tomorrow. Looks like the rain should be mostly out of here by tomorrow afternoon and plan on doing just an evening hunt. I'll have my grunt tube and know bucks are still looking this time of year.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Good luck Bone !! I went out today and pulled the rest of my cams and saw a decent 8 point with a big bodied shed buck around mid day so Hang in there they are still around ! Wishing season was still in here in 2G as i've had the 8 on my one cam by my stand everyday since our season went out !

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
It's been a frustrating late season and it seems every day I have off to hunt it rains all day. .
Ain't that the truth. This has been the worst late season I can remember, weather wise.

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
I had plans to go this morning, but steady rain greeted me when I looked outside at 6am. I hopefully will do the last sit tonight if the rains clears or changes over to flurries as they are predicting. Not sure if I am taking the flintlock or the bow yet.

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
In a stand in 2B for the last sit. A bit breezy but pretty nice. Rain on the radar though. Brought the tree umbrella with me. Had to give it a go on the last day.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I am out for the evening hunt. Rain stopped about 45 minutes ago. Quiet. I checked my trail cam and a buck walked by my stand at 8:46. Bummer. I can only see a little bit of the rack.

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Nothing. It poured the past hour of light.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing this evening and it rained and sleeted hard near dark. I pulled a camera card that's on a trail in a pinch point about fifteen yards below my stand and had four different bucks on it with the nicest being this 8 point and all nighttime photo's. Well the Game Commission says I have to stop hunting deer for the year and it was a good season and spent a lot of time in the woods and some dandy bucks made it through the season. I bought a new FoxPro caller last week and plan on hunting some coyotes the next month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I was out from 2:15 till dark. Saw a group of 5 at 2:45, 4 antlered bucks and 1 antlerless. I figured it was probably a button buck and chose not to shoot. Nothing else for the rest of the day. The antlered bucks all looked to be about 1 1/2 year-olds, 6's and 4's. It was fun watching them go by at less than 20 yards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was out from 11-5:30 Saturday. Didn't see anything, but I did find some areas with decent sign to do more investigation this winter and spring before next season. All in all, I covered about 4 miles, and was pleasantly surprised how my First Lite jacket worked in the wet conditions.

Now time to practice, build some new arrows, and start building a gameplan for next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts