The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's headed out? Going with my younger brother in 2D. Hopefully we can get him a deer. Good luck everyone. Stay dry

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I will be out for a little bit until the rain starts to get heavy. Still have 2 doe tags and my buck tag. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good luck to everyone going out. I was planning to head out to brave the rain for the last day, but the wife came down with a pretty bad cold yesterday afternoon which puts me on baby duty with our 6 month old son today. No big deal though as hanging out with my little guy is one of the few things I enjoy as much as being in the outdoors. I may be able to get out for a little bit later on but we will see how the day goes. For now I'll just be living vicariously through all your posts and waiting for the late season.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Might go for a walk later this morning....sitting hasn't been the answer, nor has being in the woods before daylight. Maybe try something different.

First time in 52 years I have not seen a deer in rifle season.

Hard to get fired up.

I always tell The Kid that "hunting isn't a job" but it feels like one this year......

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Steady rain here in 2C, will give it a go since I am wide awake, try for a pistol doe until I had enough. Hunt the stand in the farthest corner of the son-in-laws farm, then still hunt back to the dry truck. Good luck and BE SAFE in the rain.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Raining good here in 2f. That’s alright, I’m gonna spend the day tip toeing around on the ANF looking for a buck. Heading out shortly. Good luck fellas. Double check those big does before you pull the trigger! Some of the big bucks are dropping antlers around here.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
No rain yet here in 4E, actually very mild and warm morning. Heading out shortly till 8:30, got a funeral I need to go to at 10. Well good luck everyone and be safe.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just got up to property in 1b. 3 of us hunting. I have doe tags only. Octagon is buck only.
My daughter has both.
Had 3 doe cross the road on the property next door in when I was pulling in.
They were coming out of the standing corn.

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Sitting in my truck waiting for daylight here in 2C . No point getting wet before it’s light enough to shoot. Brought a change of clothes and will be still hunting all day. Maybe even shoot a doe if the mood strikes me. At least it will be quiet stalking through the woods unlike last Saturday.
Good luck guys.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I too am sitting in my vehicle waiting for light in 1b. Good luck.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not raining this minute in my area of 4C,but supposed to at any time..Decided to not go out.Good luck to those going out.

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
still snow on ground here..light rain here too looking out dining room window....will wait till I can see

·
Registered
58 Posts
Raining, foggy, warm, and didn’t see many vehicles out. Not really a recipe for success. I’ll sit for awhile this morning under the umbrella and if nothing comes by I’ll do some still hunting. Good luck to everyone out

·
Registered
608 Posts
Out with my dad in a SGL in 4D, foggy and drizzle right now.

Last week this SGL has 85+ cars mid-afternoon, only saw 15-20 before daylight

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
It’s pouring in my neck of Westmoreland County as I sit here in my stand waiting for a bit more light so I can begin still hunting through the timber. The radar does not bode well for any relief from the rain. I suppose one never knows so hope remains for a last day harvest. In 42 years of hunting I’ve never scored on the last day. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I passed bc I fell for the weather report last night at 10:30. Lol those people have the best job. I really wonder if some even try.
Same here! Didn't make the 2 hour drive to my buddy's house in 3D last night because the whole day was supposed to be a wash out. Now the weatherman says it might start raining up there around noon! I would love to have a job making $1 million a year, be called an expert in my field and be wrong most of the time!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Steady hard rain here. I still have two tags but i'm going to save them for flintlock. Ill head out here in another hour and do some short one man drives for my daughter. I hunted quite a few days this season and I saw only one other hunter. Just one. Incredible.

Reactions: limbhnger10
1 - 20 of 87 Posts