The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out yesterday with hopes I'd fill my buck tag, in my stand well before day light. Didn't see any deer till about 9:45 and couldn't get a shot at any of them... seen a small 4 point around 10:30. Around 12:30 I could here a deer running in my direction, it was a nice doe but had another behind her. The doe came with in 30 yrds of my stand and moving pretty quick, the second one finally showed itself but it was moving pretty quick too.. at that time I seen horns and knew he was a good buck.. they never stopped moving and i didn't think he was gonna give me a shot... well the doe finally slowed down and came through a big opening, the buck slowed alittle and came through the same opening.. I calmed my nerves and took a deep breath and as he stepped out I let the .270 sound off. He dropped in his tracks..!
I'm super pumped to have success on the last day.
I have more pics but this is right as I walked up to him. Don't worry fellas he was tagged..!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paderhtr said:
Congrats on the last dat kill but it's a shame really. He had allot of potential for next season..he he he
Thanks for all the replys fellas..!
I agree 100% but I have guys surrounding my property with stands 20 yrds off my line, I would love to let these bucks go but... last day headed right for a guy behind me that shoots anything that walks.. na I'll take him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts