The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my bud had the last day of the season all planed out. Had birds in the area and everything was perfect. Good wind, overcast day, and comfortable temps. (You waterfowl hunters know what i'm talking about.) A couple of minutes after shooting time began we had some birds come to the pond in front of us and land out of range. Then we hear more birds comming from behind us. We are calling and flaging and the geese are working like they should. Then all of a sudden BANG BANG BANG. Someone else had moved into our field and was more less working off our calling and decoys. We went and talked to these guys and they had plans to hunt the pond. After we talked to the other guys we headed back to our blinds my buddy rolled his ankle. Had no problem with these guys hunting the pond untill more geese started to come and they were also working our decoys and the other guys started sky busting. (shooting when birds are out of range.) Me and my bud really started to get frustrated now. Not only did someone slip into our spot, but they were determined not to let us get a shot at the birds we were working. As much as we wanted to hunt this field we made a good call packed up and headed out. We decided to check a couple of ponds I know about and try our luck with jump shooting. My bud managed two geese off the one pond. After we got them we drove around and did some scouting to try and find an evening spot to set up. Sure enough I poped the top of a hill and spoted about three to four hundred geese sitting in a field. I looked at my bud and told him that the land owner prob would not let us hunt so we kept going. A little bit later we ran out of options so I decided to take a chance and ask the land owner where we saw all the geese. To my supprise he said yes. Now we were stoked. Time for redemption. Made some phone calls to see if any body wanted to go with us but everybody already had plans for the evening. Oh well more for us. We get to the field around 1:30pm got set up and by 2:30pm we had birds comming in. It was on now. Take em I yelled. We droped three. I was chasing mine down and decided to dive on the one to stop him. When I was in mid air I reached down and grabed the goose and when I came down I landed on my sholder and separated it. We had several groups of geese come in my buddy limited out and I had three birds down. It was almost quiting time we were out of the blind taking pics and we heard geese comming our way fast. Both guns were not loaded. He jumps in his blind and started to call but I didn't have time to get in mine. I crouched down and reached for my gun started loading it and the birds landed out of range. Right after they landed they took flight again and came within shooting range. I dropped one more and hit another one two times but it kept on going. We ended the day with nine geese, a sprained ankle, and a separated sholder. What a great way to end the season and begin another super memory.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lots of geese, good day. Congrats! Too many injuries, though. You guys should take it a bit easier...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one is a Ground Force made by Green Head Gear, and the other is a Gander Mountain brand. Buy the Ground Force if you are interested in one. Great blind. The Gander Mtn. blind was used for 2 months and started ripping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts