The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the flinter for a walk one last time this year.

Looks like a good weather day.

Good luck to everyone else heading out Saturday.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
It looks like a good day to give it a go, and just sneak around and maybe find one!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Going to try to Clump up to my Treestand and...stand! Ain`t going to try and get in it. Really don`t care if I get one but I like to say goodbye to the Hollow and thank it for supplying us with some Venison....Good luck to my fellow Flinters...

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Have a few hot spots I am going to hit tomorrow and then call it a day around 2:00 pm so I can get ready for the game. I just got done loading the flintlock and was kind of depressed when I realized I will probably be doing it for the last time this year. Good luck guys.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Heck with the game! LOL My wife has family coming over to watch but she knows I'll miss most of it
Wish it were later in the evening.

Have hunted hard all this week and saw 1-12 deer (and some buck with one being real nice) each day on SGL or public land- just no more shots yet. Will give it my best tomorrow then get ready for the mid winter depression no matter the outcome. I hate February

Good last day luck all you die hards

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
That's why 5C is the place to be.
I get to hunt two more weekends after tomorrow! Then it's on to load development in my Model 70's to take me through March, then scouting for turkeys, and before I know it, it's turkey time. Then come June, it's time for me to get serious about deciding on a long rifle.....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i was sick as a dog last night with a fever. i woke up today around 7:15 just to watch 4 doe walk out of the field and towards my stand. oh well. if im feeling better, i may go out tonight

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Just got in and I'm whupped.

I was sick all week, was only able to get out Mon eve. and Fri eve.

Was out at 7am...knee deep snow, blowing and snowing like crazy, was on deer by 8am and it was none-stop.....was tuff seeing them.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
I had a flash in the pan today on a nice 5 pointer! I know exactly where is bedding so I will be back on him when archery opens!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I watched 25 deer parade past me this evening after legal light. The wind was blowing in my favor so they just paraded by one after another with no idea I was there. A 8 point, 2 spikes and a ton of does and yearlings. Wish it would have been 10 minutes eaelier because they were so close even I couldn't have missed. Oh well....there is always next year and it was fun too watch.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Once again, I missed. I'm thinking of burning the stock, and using the barrel as a fire poker. There was no excuse this time what so ever. Broad side at 40 yards in a field.

Didn't reload as it was at the end of the day, and I was real close to the truck. Walked around the corner, and it stood there looking at my no more than 15 yards away. I got loaded, filled the flash pan, pulled the set trigger as I'm raising the gun, and she then took off. AHH.

Now it has gotten personal with me and the muzzleloader. I now work about 15 minutes from the shooting range. I will be going after work once it stays light enough.

·
Registered
141 Posts
<span style='font-family: Arial'>Saw two first thing this morning. I hadn't taken my day pack off or anything. I was able to get in position for a shot, but at the last second, the little doe stepped in front of Momma. There was no way to take the shot without hitting both of them. The three of us stared at each other for a minute or so then they whirled in unison and were off!! Oh well, there went two now but probably five or six for next year. What a great year this has been!!!

Time to start loading shotshells for trap season.</span>

·
Registered
690 Posts
4 or us hunted yesterday. Total deer seen was about 10. Lots of sign, but just cannot get them to go where they need to!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Frustration season is over for me for at least 9 month. It started this year for me on October 16th and ended Jan.15th.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts