The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunted Sullivan County Thurs-Saturday based out of my hunting camp. Hunted Loyalsock State Forest off of McCarty Road in the Brunnerdale vacinity. Very warm/wet conditions Thurs/Friday but Saturday's cool front dried things off & cooled down nicely into the upper 30"s. Passed on a few BB's plus several small does Thurs/Friday plus saw quite a few grouse & tons of turkey scratchings!!

Saturday morning @8AM a nice doe was feeding on a ridge above me & offered a decent 90 yard shot which I took.

I was carrying my TC Pro Hunter loaded with 110 grains of BH 209 powder pushing a 290 grain Barnes T-EZ MZ Expander. Angling shot went thru shoulder & exited out rear rib cage blowing out considerable lung tissue, bone etc.. through a well expanded exit hole. Deer dropped like a ton of bricks to describe it litely. My first ML kill with the solid copper Barnes Expander T-EZ Spit-Fires and bullet performed exactly as designed to...very deadly. I highly recommend this bullet for anyone looking for an accurate/deadly bullet for today's fast twisting 1-28 barrels.

Deer weighed in at 120 lbs. Dropped deer off at my butcher & had sweet bologna rolls, honey sticks plus balance in roasts, tenderloin, burger & steaks. Useta butcher my own but seems like the Family is hooked on dat delicious sweet bologna plus dem sweet sticks so I take the lazymans path...which ain't too bad if ya have yourself a quality butcher!

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
Congrats on the deer Loggy! I, too, harvested a doe during the early muzzleloader season from State Forestland and with a Barnes T-EZ bullet! I was able to recover the bullet from my deer...I will start my own thread, so as not to high jack yours! Pretty iron, BTW...I have one in 7mm-08, it's a tack driver!

Congrats again!

Nanook

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nanook & all.

Neat you revovered a Barnes T-EZ bullet Nanook plus congrats on your ML kill!! I have now killed one wild boar & several deer with them & all have completely passed through. All left considerable exit holes.

How did well did the T-EZ expand that you recovered?

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
I posted a pic in my thread, Loggy. It opened up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
groat said:
Nice doe congrats and the TC also
Thanks...bought one of the first manufactured TC Pro Hunters out of the gate & never looked back!

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
octagon said:
Love the old school camo as well

Me too Jack. Seems many are returning to the proven ole stuff vs all the purdy newbies!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts