The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for starters it wasn't nearly as bad as the weatherman said it was going to be! Actually turned out to be a really nice day. On the second drive of the day I came up on nine does bedded about 80 to 90 yards away. One was laying up on a rock, made her whole body stick out of the snow, and since a good shot is so hard to pass up with a flinter, I got a good rest on the side of a tree and touched it off! She never got up, like she was hit with a hammer. My third doe of the year, all three with the flintlock, fired 4 times this season. Also found out this morning that season is still in in 2B for two more weeks, so i'll be trying to fill that buck tag! Good luck to anyone else going out and thanks for looking!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Nice! I'm wishing i had gone out yesterday...looks like it was a good day for hunters...bad day to be a deer!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Congrats!!....nice pic

·
6,464 Posts
if i hadnt had to be out halfthe night id have been there with ya.found out this morning did ya you better not tell linda i told you. good job when do i get some venison sticks?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
treestand91 said:
found out this morning did ya you better not tell linda i told you
Haha, I ment yesterday morning, when I got home last night I said I got good news and bad news, and I'll give you a hint, it's all the same.
She says "let me guess, season is extended"
HAHA!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Great ending to a perfect day and season. Congratulations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts