The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of the different bucks ( besides the spikes )
Plant Leaf Organism Terrestrial plant Wood

Leaf Wood Branch Organism Style

( 5.5 year old , he's my target this year)
Rectangle Terrestrial plant Organism Grass Natural material

( 3.5 year old , last year he was around a lot but this is the first picture of him this year)

Vegetation Terrestrial plant Plant Mesh Grass

( 2.5 years old , looks very similar to how the 5.5 year old looked when he was 2.5)

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have too much money and too much time on your hands.

In reality those bucks will disperse during the rut and probably won't even be there unless you are baiting them.

What fun is it to have portraits of everything in the woods. where is the thrill of just going out and happening into something and being proud of what you found.

The Indians didn't need pictures of all the deer in the woods because they were real hunters, they went out and hunted down the game they wanted to eat..

I think you people are putting too much emphasis upon just the rack on the deer and not looking at the big picture.

You really didn't do anything more then buy a camera and strap it to a tree.

I have neighbors that will sit in a crook of a tree with a camera for a whole day just so they could snap a picture of a deer so they could show it to their buddies - each person trying to out do the other.
Alright Jr , I'm just trying to show some pictures of the deer behind my house, I only have 2 cheap cameras, and I chose to spend my spare time enjoying the wild life.

I would bet you everything I have that if the Native Americans had trail cameras they would have put them up.

I just find it nice to see what deer are out there, why would I shoot a smaller one when I know a bigger one is in the area.

Trust me I'm not one of those people that just shoot deer for the antlers, I shoot a few does each year and I would rather shoot a bigger body buck than a smaller one. 80% of the meat I eat if from stuff me or my family killed.

And I didn't just " strap a camera to a tree" I've been watching each of these deer since they had spots. I know were they eat, drink, sleep, and behavior (month to month). I've let each of these deer walk last archery season.

All I wanted was to do was share some of God's creations with my fellow Pennsylvanians, so go ahead and piss off

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your target buck is a hammer. Good luck with him.
I've been seeing this buck since he was old enough to walk and watched him grow.

With his age he is smart and knows I'm hunting him. He knows who I am through enough encounters through the years. Hunting this buck is really going to put my abilities to the test and I'm not sure I'll be able to take him.

Lucky I have many years of pictures to fall back on and I know how he thinks. Unfortunately the apple tree isn't producing any apples this year , which is a shame because that was going to be a huge part in my plan.

I would love to be able to put an arrow through him. But I'm not sure it will happen. It will definitely be an interesting hunting season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts