·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What say you to my polls?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just remember, if you have a laser on your gun for home defense, you will still need another light sourse for shooting at night so you can identify what you will be shooting at as friend or foe, same goes for nightime carrying.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes a flashlight is always carried.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
My thoughts are tht if you need a self defence gun in you home it will be fired at a very very short range. Not even sure if actual aiming would be required let alone a laser.

Same goes for CCW. I don't live in an area where one would really concern their selves with other people. I have more of a concern with dogs that aren't properly leashed. I also carry when fishing or scouting.

I see no threat that a pointed handgun won't take care of. If it's further away than that it is not a threat.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those that voted NO on the "Laser on CCW" what was your reasoning for it? Those that voted YES?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I voted no on both

Lasers are another device to possibly go wrong in an already stressful situation. I feel ppl rely to much on them.

Lights are a must on combat long guns (Shotgun/Ar15) Very difficult to navigate through your home/streets while holding a hand held light. BUT you should always have a handheld light close for unexpected failure.

Of course this is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes on both. Helps immensely with trigger control during practice which leads to more aacurate shooting. They can be turned off. Most SD situations are in low light ( yes I know you'll have a flashlight), happen very fast, and you will likely point and shoot not even seeing/using your sights.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Just like to add. Those of us with aging eyes (I keep forgetting that's me) and harder to see sights (especially in lower light) and either grab your glasses and die or grab your gun and live.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Night sights and a weapon mounted light work for me with the handgun &a long gun, but the laser on the x26 works wonders especially for people who have previously experienced the x26.

·
Registered
162 Posts
With my aging eyes, lazers enable me to shoot more accuratly, acquire targets more rapidly and shoot more accuratly from awkard positions. Both of my carry guns are lazer equipted. Lazers are NOT legal in Michigan on hunting guns,(accept by special permit) otherwise they would be on all my handguns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts