The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savage bear hunter in 338 mag with factore equipped muzzy break.
Have taken it bear hunting it’s a joy to shoot with the break on it kicks less then my 12 gauges.

Some day the 375 ruger is on my list.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Weatherby Mark V Stainless in 340 Weatherby Mag. Years ago I also had a Winchester Model 70 Stainless in 375 H&H Mag. No longer have that one.

Reactions: hunterdan199

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Load the 45/70 up with Buffalo bore ammunition and hold on or garret ammo in a second would travel to Alaska and for the largest bears I would feel totally comfortable that I have. More then enough gun.

·
Super Moderator
24,059 Posts
270 never shot a bear with it yet

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
First week of buck season I use my Marlin 35 cal. lever gun with a fixed 2 1/2 half power leupold scope because bear is in up in Susquehanna county.

2nd week of buck I used my brand new Kimber 7mm-08. I also used this rifle to harvest two deer in North Carolina this past season. I just retired my Browning A bolt 270 cal.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Weatherby Mark V Accumark, 338/378 WM. Leupold Vari X3I 4.5x15 with custom turrets built by leupold just for that gun. One of the most amazingly accurate rifles I own for shooting out to 600 yards.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
.308 Haven't hunted anything I feel like I need more gun for.....yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
375 Ruger. I haven't used it for whitetails but was great to have it in my hands for brown bear.

Reactions: hunterdan199
1 - 20 of 94 Posts