The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was blessed to capture these images of a large male black bear in the area where I was turkey hunting. The birds did not cooperate so when I left the parking area I took a ride down the road to see if I could see where the birds were hanging out. I didn't find them but saw this big guy coming out from the state land and thru the taximdermist's back yard! I was near my vehicle and the bear at times was 15-20 yards from me, very unconcerned. He was marking his territory as a woman who saw me taking the photos informed me that he has been there before and was observed exhibiting the same behavior. It was an awesome morning! I'm guessing his weight at 325 but I have been told that is low. What's the consensus fellow outdoors men and women?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Wow those are the best bear pics I've seen to date. I would guess he is at least 400 if not more. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'm not very good at guessing bear weights, but I'm a pretty good judge of pictures! Very well done! That must have been pretty exciting to see a bruin that close and for as long as you did.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
That there is a pig!!!!
Great pics---You could sell those to a magazine!!

Dave

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
outstanding...good lookin bruin man. great pics, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't usually comment on to many things but your pitures are just awesome. I can't wait till my three year old boy wakes up in the morning so I can show him he loves looking at bear pictures they are some of the best I;ve seen.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I was just looking at the head mount of the 425 lb.dressed weight sow my dad shot in 1984 and the ears are farther apart on this one than on his so I would say this ones pushing the 500lb.mark. Beautiful bear and great pictures

·
Registered
653 Posts
Very Nice Pics! You need to measure how high that yellow tag is on that telephone pole. That would give you a pretty close measurement on his length. Either way he is a pig!

·
Registered
36,758 Posts
Awesome pictures of a trophy bear. I'd say he close to 500. Should be really something to see by thye time fall rolls around. I got a monster up at my camp that must be close to 600; and he marks my pine trees the same way. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
I'm with the others. 450 plus, and some of the best bear photos I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts