The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
1,992 Posts
Hello there, thanks for the suggestion!

In order to approve this decision, we'll need more thoughts and opinions from the community.
Afterwards, I'll forward the suggestion to the other admins and mods and see if they will approve of it.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
The titles of most posts are usually a good indicator as to what the post might be about, and hovering over the title also allows us to see a few words contained in the post itself.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
even better would be a forum for the landowners to post on if they allow hunting on their property. with so much posting of land it would be nice to find grounds open to hunters. hunter should still ask permission to hunt if that forum is started. landowners still like to know whos on their property.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I do not think a landowner forum is necessary. either the tile of the thread or a few sentences will let you know if you want
to keep reading. it`s easy to ignore threads you are not interested in.
as for posting on the net that a property is open to the public, it is not a good idea in my mind. I have seen 1st hand what happened to
a farm area that was open to the public. after word was spread around you would have thought it was the only place available to hunt on.
it took 2 seasons and the property was closed & posted. if you need a reason why just read some of the posts on here................

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
I do not think a landowner forum is necessary. either the tile of the thread or a few sentences will let you know if you want
to keep reading. it`s easy to ignore threads you are not interested in.
as for posting on the net that a property is open to the public, it is not a good idea in my mind. I have seen 1st hand what happened to
a farm area that was open to the public. after word was spread around you would have thought it was the only place available to hunt on.
it took 2 seasons and the property was closed & posted. if you need a reason why just read some of the posts on here................

dont want to read a thread...dont open it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts