The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for those that might have forgotten, like me! DMAP Applications must be postmarked by 05/01/17 if you're enrolling (new or renewal) your property in the DMAP program this year.

Deer Management Asst Program

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
I just downloaded application. I have 40 acres I own and 30 acres adjoining me do you think that qualifies me? Is there an address to send to?

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just downloaded application. I have 40 acres I own and 30 acres adjoining me do you think that qualifies me? Is there an address to send to?
I honestly don't know. We have 60 acres all forested and get 4 tags for it. But you have to submit a 'management plan' per the application. In our case it's pretty cut-and-dried as it's farm country with tons of agriculture surrounding our property and we recently logged as well. My management plan is based on regeneration and rough deer sighting numbers....it's pretty simple. You may want to call Harrisburg and see if you're able to do it....I can't remember if it's spelled out in the application or not regarding under 50 acres.

The address to send to is in the application instructions in the above link.

FWIW, I don't have any affiliation with the PGC....this was just a PSA since I forget until right about now every year and then panic thinking it was due by 4/1, not 5/1. I can't be the only one that forgets so....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts