The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for land to hunt or lease or pay tresspass fee for my pop and uncle they love to hunt but just cant climb the mts like they used to and my dogging days are numbered myself .my cabin is in forksville area so any offers will be looked into thanks

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Why not just head up Sones Pond rd. and hunt the public land for free? Plenty of it up there and you can drive up!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
what about heading out through the top of sgl #13? it has a great road right through the center of it and it's on top of the mountain. It is flat and has plenty of room to get lost in. Been there at our families cabin when the Central fire company came knocking at 9 - 10 pm the 1st evening of buck season asking for guys to go help look for someone lost in the "ox horn" or somewhere around bloody run head waters. Crazy ! probably doesn't happen much any more with evryone having a GPS except me! LOL. I'm a map and compass guy just like my grand dad taught me when I was 11 in that awesome sgl known as "13" !!!

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I wouldn't drive over to SGL 13 if my cabin was in Forksville. There is so much public land in Forksville and it's just as good as sgl 13 without the hassle of the thirty to forty minute drive.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Deer, turkey, or grouse? Which do you want to hunt? I go to different places based on what I am after.
I've hunted Sullivan for 30 years. No need to lease unless you really need a deer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
have you guys that hunt sgl 13 run across many grouse? are there recent or older timber cuts in the area?

·
Registered
950 Posts
sgl 13 is a great place to find grouse. as is most of the state forests and other sgls up here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts