The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I know this is for PA deer, but I am in Mississippi finishing up my Master's in Wildlife working with whitetails (I am originally from Westmoreland Co.). This is my new bride (we were married on Sept. 30th) and her bow kill from down here in Mississippi (10/24). She is also getting her Master's in Wildlife working with whitetails. She made a perfect shot at 27 yards, quartering away. The deer ran about 50 yards and expired. I got hired on with a PA wildlife consulting company and we are hoping to move back up north this spring. Good luck to all the ladies out there!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Congrats to her! Don't have to be from PA to post here. Every picture of a successful lady is very welcome

·
Registered
92 Posts
My husband owed me! He shot a deer right out from under me first day so he pushed for me today. This is my fifth year hunting but I had only taken one running shot and missed. This morning I sat on a nice cold rock and waited on the shore of Shenango Lake waiting to see what might happen. I heard something once and it turned out to be the most beautiful eagle leaving a tree. I was enjoying the sights and sounds of the lake shore when I heard something coming. I saw something antlerless running up the rocky hill. I was affraid it was going to hop up onto the road when he ran down and closer. I got the shoulder in my scope and took a running shot. As the crack rang out the deer turned and headed down the hill at just as fast a run. Did I see it hop? I was sure I had missed another running shot. I chambered another round and prepared to take another shot when it began to stumble. 25 yards from my shot it dropped! I went down and realized this deer had once had antlers. They had been knocked off or rubbed off. My husband estimates he was about 2 1/2. We worked together to get him dressed and drug.

We loaded him on my game rack, it's first haul, and headed to another push spot. This time a deer hopped up over the gaurdrail before it got in my sight. Still, feeling pretty satisfied, I headed home to hang my deer.

After finishing the clean up I insisted I would skin this one! With a little help from my husband I got it done!! We left our house at 10am and by 12:45 I was loading photos of the deer I had managed to harvest on a running shot, dressed, drug, hung and skinned! I feel pretty proud today!

Not bad for a bandmom/soccer/football mom and grandma!
Thanks for sharing this harvest with me!!
Angela

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.